C compatible with TI-89 calculator

In summary, if you want to run a C program with a TI-89 calculator, there are a few options available. You can use TI-89 BASIC or 68k Assembly, with resources and tutorials available online. There are also books and tutorials available for C programming, and the TI-89/TI-92 Plus SDK is an option for developing Flash APPS in C or Assembly. Google can also provide helpful information.
surveyor
C compatible with TI-89 calculator!

hello. I would like to know how can I run a C programm with TI-89. Are there any programming languages that are compatible with TI?

Computer science news on Phys.org

surveyor said:
hello. I would like to know how can I run a C programm with TI-89. Are there any programming languages that are compatible with TI?

This might help: http://ti-89.org/faq.html

The TI-89 manual contains all of the information that you will need to program TI-89 BASIC, and if you have specific questions, you can post them on the TI-89 Forum and someone will probably reply to them. For TI-89 68k Assembly programming, Techno-Plaza, has some introductory lessons, and if you know some assembly already, Jimmy Mardell's 68k Guide is a really good reference. For programming C, there are many references and if you go to your local bookstore, there should be some good tutorial books for it on the shelf. You should also be able to find some on the web through search engines. Also, the programming group TICT has some C programming demos, and TI-GCC is the best C compiler for the TI-89 at the moment. Texas Instruments also provides a TI-89/TI-92 Plus SDK for developing Flash APPS in C or Assembly, but it is currently in early beta (as of Spring 2002) and not many people are using it.

Otherwise, Google is your best friend...Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, the TI-89 calculator is compatible with the C programming language. This means that you can write and run C programs on the calculator. However, please note that the TI-89 calculator has its own programming language called TI-BASIC, which may be more suitable for programming on the calculator. There are also other programming languages that are compatible with TI calculators, such as assembly language and TI-84 BASIC. You can find resources and tutorials online to help you get started with programming on your TI-89 calculator.

Related to C compatible with TI-89 calculator

1. What does it mean for a calculator to be "C compatible"?

"C compatible" means that the calculator is able to run programs written in the programming language C. This allows users to write and execute more complex programs on their calculator.

2. Is the TI-89 calculator fully compatible with C?

No, the TI-89 calculator is not fully compatible with C. While it can run programs written in C, it does not have all of the features and functions that are typically available in a C compiler. This may limit the complexity and functionality of programs that can be run on the calculator.

3. Can I write programs in C directly on my TI-89 calculator?

No, you cannot write programs in C directly on your TI-89 calculator. C programs must be written on a computer, compiled, and then transferred to the calculator.

4. Are there any limitations to using C on a TI-89 calculator?

Yes, there are limitations to using C on a TI-89 calculator. Some features and functions that are available in C may not be supported by the calculator, and there may be memory limitations that restrict the size and complexity of programs that can be run.

5. Can I use C to write programs for any other TI calculator?

No, not all TI calculators are C compatible. The TI-89 calculator is one of the few TI calculators that can run programs written in C. Other models, such as the TI-84, use a different programming language called TI-BASIC.