C# Book for Beginner Programmer

In summary, the conversation is about finding a good book to learn C# for a school project. The group suggests looking on Amazon for books with high reviews, specifically beginner's guides. One person recommends the books "Pro C# and the .NET 4.0 Framework" and "C# In Depth" for self-teaching, while another suggests "C# 4.0 HowTo." Additionally, the group mentions the usefulness and fun of learning C# and the abundance of resources available.
Thadis
My friend is currently going to be working on a project for our school where he have to start teaching himself C#. I know both of us have been looking for a book though we have not been able to find much information why one book is better than another or found a general agreement what a decent book is. I was wondering does anyone here know of a good that would be good for someone who is just learning his first programming language and is going to have to teach himself C#?

Technology news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.csharp-station.com/Tutorial.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm teaching myself from these two books:

Pro C# and the .NET 4.0 Framework
C# In Depth

The first book is easy to follow from knowing nothing at all. The second book assumes knowledge and, as the title suggests, goes deep - I think it would be quite difficult if it was the only book you used.

It's a fun language to learn, the .NET library has everything! :P

Related to C# Book for Beginner Programmer

1. What is C#?

C# is a modern, object-oriented programming language developed by Microsoft. It is widely used for developing web applications, desktop applications, and games. It is also used in the development of Windows operating systems and Microsoft's .NET framework.

2. Who is the target audience for a C# book for beginner programmers?

The target audience for a C# book for beginner programmers is anyone who has little to no experience with programming and wants to learn how to code in C#. This can include students, hobbyists, or professionals looking to switch to a new programming language.

3. What are the key concepts covered in a C# book for beginner programmers?

A C# book for beginner programmers will cover the basics of programming, such as data types, variables, control structures, and functions. It will also cover object-oriented programming concepts, including classes, objects, inheritance, and polymorphism. Other topics that may be covered include file I/O, error handling, and debugging.

4. Do I need any prior programming knowledge to read a C# book for beginner programmers?

No, you do not need any prior programming knowledge to read a C# book for beginner programmers. However, having a basic understanding of programming concepts and principles can be helpful.

5. How can a C# book for beginner programmers help me in my career?

Learning C# can open up many opportunities for a career in software development. Many companies use C# for developing their applications, and having a strong understanding of the language can make you a valuable asset to any team. Additionally, learning C# can also help you learn other programming languages more easily in the future.