Burning DVD Movies with Windvd - Issues & Alternatives

In summary, the conversation revolved around the issue of burning a movie to a DVD using Windvd and experiencing choppiness and sound delay while trying to watch it. The person asking the question has a P4 with 512mb RAM in a new laptop and is curious about other programs to use for burning DVD movies from their hard drive. Suggestions were made for programs such as Clonedvd, Anydvd, DvD Ghost, Dvd Region, Encore Dvd, Dvd Shinker, Dvd Sanda, and Dvd xCopy Platinum, but the original speaker prefers Clonedvd with Anydvd. It was also mentioned that Anydvd can be used with normal programs like Nero for burning copyrighted discs.
EIRE2003
Yesterday I burnt a movie to a dvd using windvd, so last night I went to watch it downstairs in the dvd player, it turned out to be very choppy and a result of the choppiness there was a delay in the sound.
I have a P4 with 512mb RAM in a new laptop. Whats the problem? Anyone else use windvd?
And what other programs do people use to burn dvd 'Movies' from their hard drive?

Computer science news on Phys.org
EIRE2003 said:
Yesterday I burnt a movie to a dvd using windvd, so last night I went to watch it downstairs in the dvd player, it turned out to be very choppy and a result of the choppiness there was a delay in the sound.
I have a P4 with 512mb RAM in a new laptop. Whats the problem? Anyone else use windvd?
And what other programs do people use to burn dvd 'Movies' from their hard drive?

I am a big fan of clonedvd comboed with anydvd

other programs include
DvD Ghost
Dvd Region
Encore Dvd
Dvd Shinker
Dvd Sanda
Dvd xCopy Platinum
and many more
however clone dvd does everything i need
also

If you just get anydvd from the makers of clone dvd you can use normal programs like nero to burn copyrighted discs... for backups of discs only of course lol

It seems like you may have encountered some technical issues while burning a DVD movie with Windvd. It could be due to a variety of reasons such as compatibility issues, insufficient system resources, or even a faulty DVD. I would suggest trying a different DVD player to see if the issue persists. Additionally, make sure you have enough free space on your hard drive and try closing any other programs that may be running in the background to free up resources.

In terms of alternatives, there are many other programs available for burning DVD movies from your hard drive. Some popular options include Nero, Roxio, and ImgBurn. It's always a good idea to do some research and read reviews before choosing a program to ensure it meets your needs and has a good track record of successful DVD burning.

I hope this helps and that you are able to resolve the issue with your current DVD. Happy movie-watching!

Related to Burning DVD Movies with Windvd - Issues & Alternatives

1. How do I burn a DVD movie with Windvd?

To burn a DVD movie with Windvd, first make sure you have a blank DVD and a DVD burner on your computer. Open Windvd and insert the DVD movie you want to burn. Click on the "Burn" button, select the appropriate settings, and then click on "Start" to begin the burning process.

2. Why does my DVD movie keep freezing or skipping when I play it?

This could be due to a number of reasons, such as a dirty or scratched DVD, a faulty DVD burner, or outdated software. Try cleaning the DVD and using a different burner or updating your software to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Can I burn a DVD movie with Windvd on a Mac computer?

No, Windvd is only compatible with Windows operating systems. However, there are alternative DVD burning software programs available for Mac users.

4. Is there a limit to the number of DVD movies I can burn with Windvd?

No, there is no limit to the number of DVD movies you can burn with Windvd. However, keep in mind that the more you burn, the more wear and tear it may cause on your DVD burner.

5. What are some alternative software programs for burning DVD movies?

Some alternative software programs for burning DVD movies include Nero Burning ROM, Roxio Creator, and ImgBurn. These programs offer similar features and may be worth trying if you are experiencing issues with Windvd.