Building Paralleogram Mount/What is the name of this Part?

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Building
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a specific type of binocular mount for a school project. The person needed a pan/tilt head that can support the weight of their binoculars and mount to a parallelogram. They found a potential option but were hoping for something cheaper. There were also suggestions for alternative options and difficulties with finding a suitable mount.
Saladsamurai
Some of you may recognize this Mount in the picture. It is a "Window mount" for a pair of binoculars. There are two main components here. The bottom 'half' that mounts to the window. And the 'Top Half' that attaches to the binos and allow for a couple of degrees of motion. I just want the top half! Does anyone know what it is called or where the heck I can get one? I tried searching "Binocular mounting hardware" and it took forever to find this.

I need to narrow it down a bit. I really this part (it's for a school project) so ANY advice is appreciated!

Picture1-7.png

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Holy Cow! I don't know what that thing is...

I'm confused. The picture I get when I pull up the link is of a problem in a textbook concerning an epicycle gear.

I forund this link on making a paralleogram binocular mount. (though this isn't window mounted)

http://www.gcw.org.uk/bino/binonet.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Janus said:
I'm confused. The picture I get when I pull up the link is of a problem in a textbook concerning an epicycle gear.

I forund this link on making a paralleogram binocular mount. (though this isn't window mounted)

http://www.gcw.org.uk/bino/binonet.htm

:smile: Oh man... Yeah. Photobucket has been screwy lately with my tags...

here. I think this is what I needed.

http://www.telescope.com/control/product/~category_id=adapters_and_cables/~product_id=07033

Do you need the whole head or just the mounting plate to which the binoculars screw on to?

Janus said:
Do you need the whole head or just the mounting plate to which the binoculars screw on to?

I need the whole thing. I need something to mount to the parallelogram and that I can mount the binoculars mount to. And it needs to pan and tilt. So I think I have found what I need in the link above. I was hoping for something cheaper, but I am not having much luck. Actually, the pricey part is the shipping because I need it quick, but that is my fault.

Thats too funny, that's what I originally tried to post a picture of! I am not sure if the window mounting portion will come apart from the pan head without ruining it. It might work though.

This sucks. http://www.telescope.com/control/product/~category_id=adapters_and_cables/~product_id=07033" won't support the weight of my binoculars (says the Orion tech guy).

http://www.telescope.com/control/product/~category_id=binocular_giant/~pcategory=binoculars/~product_id=09324" And I have to figure out how to mount them to the mounting platform of my mount a.s.a.p.

Anyone no of a pan/tilt head that will support these things?

Related to Building Paralleogram Mount/What is the name of this Part?

1. What is a Parallelogram Mount?

A Parallelogram Mount is a mechanical device used to hold and secure objects in a parallel position. It consists of two parallel bars or plates connected by a hinge, allowing for the movement of the object in a parallel motion.

2. What is the purpose of a Parallelogram Mount?

The purpose of a Parallelogram Mount is to allow for the precise positioning and movement of objects in a parallel motion. This is commonly used in scientific experiments or projects where exact parallel positioning is crucial.

3. How is a Parallelogram Mount constructed?

A Parallelogram Mount is typically constructed using two parallel bars or plates made of a sturdy material such as metal or plastic. These bars are connected by a hinge at one end, allowing for the movement of the object in a parallel motion. The other ends of the bars are often attached to a base or stand for stability.

4. What is the name of the hinge used in a Parallelogram Mount?

The hinge used in a Parallelogram Mount is commonly referred to as a parallelogram hinge or a parallelogram joint. This type of hinge allows for the movement of the object in a parallel motion while maintaining its position and orientation.

5. What are some common uses for a Parallelogram Mount?

Parallelogram Mounts are commonly used in scientific experiments and projects where precise parallel positioning is necessary. They are also used in mechanical engineering and design, as well as in the construction of machinery and equipment.