Building a Picture Frame Music Player with an iPod

In summary, Klebe21 is looking for a way to add sound to a photograph that hangs on a wall, and is considering powered speaker systems and battery power.
klebe21
Hello I'm a visual artist and I'm trying to make a project were I need to add a sound to a photograph hang to a wall in a picture frame.The source of the sound it will be a ipod (unless someone has a better idea)I need to build a device to make the music from the ipod place in the narrow place beyond the frame(two inches deep) .I can find the speacker but I have not idea what should I put betw. the speacker and the ipod. I guess some kind of amplifier battery powered.(speacker and amplifier/battery must to plabe beyond the frame)
Thank you
Klebe21

Engineering news on Phys.org
klebe21 said:
Hello I'm a visual artist and I'm trying to make a project were I need to add a sound to a photograph hang to a wall in a picture frame.The source of the sound it will be a ipod (unless someone has a better idea)I need to build a device to make the music from the ipod place in the narrow place beyond the frame(two inches deep) .I can find the speacker but I have not idea what should I put betw. the speacker and the ipod. I guess some kind of amplifier battery powered.(speacker and amplifier/battery must to plabe beyond the frame)
Thank you
Klebe21

Welcome to the PF. What is your power source going to be? Batteries, or do you have another source of power?

There are powered speaker systems for the iPod -- have you looked at those already?

Hello,I know about the speacker that are working with ipod,but are too small(no good sound )or too big for what I need. About the power ,if I can get decent sound with battery I prefer ,but I'm flexible.
Thank you

Related to Building a Picture Frame Music Player with an iPod

1. What materials do I need to build a picture frame music player with an iPod?

To build a picture frame music player with an iPod, you will need a picture frame, an iPod, a speaker, a power source, and some basic tools such as a screwdriver and wire cutters. Optional materials may include adhesive strips, paint or decorations for the frame, and a mounting bracket for the iPod.

2. Do I need any technical knowledge or skills to build this project?

Some basic technical skills are required to build a picture frame music player with an iPod, such as being able to follow instructions and use tools. It may also be helpful to have some knowledge of electronics and wiring. However, there are many tutorials and resources available online to guide you through the process.

3. How long will it take to build a picture frame music player with an iPod?

The time it takes to build a picture frame music player with an iPod will vary depending on your level of experience and the complexity of the project. It can take anywhere from a couple of hours to a few days to complete, including time for drying if you choose to paint or decorate the frame.

4. Can I use any type of picture frame for this project?

As long as the frame is sturdy enough to hold the weight of the iPod and speaker, you can use any type of picture frame for this project. However, a frame with a flat back will be easier to work with and mount the components onto.

5. Is it possible to change the music on the iPod once it is built into the picture frame?

Yes, it is possible to change the music on the iPod after it has been built into the picture frame. You can simply remove the iPod from the frame to sync it with your computer or use a wireless connection to transfer new songs. Just be sure to disconnect the power source before removing the iPod to avoid any potential damage.