Building a Flying Disk with ElectroGrav Theories: Tips & Ideas"

In summary, the speaker is looking for ideas on how to build a model to test their electroGrav theories. They have an 8ft satellite dish that they want to use as a mold, but are unsure of the materials to use. They are considering balsa-wood and shrink-wrap covering, but also mention the possibility of using wood, plastic, fibreglass, or ceramic. They mention the need to create top and bottom curved sections and mate them together, similar to a UFO. They then describe their idea of building the model like a capacitor with conductive layers and an insulating layer.
Arctic Fox
I’ve been working on some electroGrav theories and am now wanting to start building models to try and test these theories. I’ve a 8ft satellite dish that I was thinking on using as a mold, but have no good ideas on how to go about this.

As like a “UFO”, I need to create a top and bottom curved section then mate the two parts together. I’m not sure if it can be made with wood, plastic, fibreglass or ceramic...

Anyone with ideas?

Engineering news on Phys.org
If it doesn't need to be more than about 6' in diameter, balsa-wood is great. Build a frame, then use model airplane shrink-wrap covering for the skin.

It’s a little more complicated than that. :)

Built like a capacitor, the top and bottom sections are each designed with a top and bottom conductive layers, separated by a 1" insulating layer (ceramic).

Something like:
Code:
************  Fibreglass
------------  Aluminum
############  Ceramic
------------  Aluminum
************  Fibreglass

Related to Building a Flying Disk with ElectroGrav Theories: Tips & Ideas"

1. How do you build a flying disk?

Building a flying disk involves several steps. First, you will need to gather materials such as plastic or foam sheets, a circular template, scissors, and tape. Next, trace the template onto the plastic/foam sheet and cut out the circle. Then, make small cuts along the edge of the circle and fold them upwards to create an edge for stability. Finally, tape the edges together to form a flying disk shape.

2. What materials do I need to build a flying disk?

To build a flying disk, you will need plastic or foam sheets, a circular template, scissors, and tape. The plastic/foam sheets will serve as the main body of the disk, while the template will help create a perfect circle shape. The scissors will be used to cut the materials, and tape will be used to hold the edges together.

3. How can I make my flying disk fly higher?

To make your flying disk fly higher, you can try adding weight to the center of the disk or experimenting with different materials to see which one provides the best lift. Additionally, throwing the disk at a higher angle and using a frisbee throwing technique can also help increase its altitude.

4. What are the benefits of building a flying disk?

Building a flying disk can have both physical and mental benefits. Physically, throwing and catching a flying disk can improve hand-eye coordination, balance, and reflexes. Mentally, playing with a flying disk can reduce stress and improve focus and concentration.

5. Can I customize my flying disk with designs or colors?

Yes, you can customize your flying disk with designs or colors. You can use markers, paints, or stickers to decorate the disk before or after assembling it. Just make sure to use materials that won't add too much weight to the disk and affect its flight.