Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bug with quick answer

Markov

Feb 1, 2012
I mostly perform quick replies by using +Reply to thread, but the problem is that anything written on LaTeX, is not rendered when posting. I have to use full editor in order to get it rendered.
This is not the only case, it happens when you edit a thing on LaTeX (without using full editor) and then you end the edit, nothing renders, I have to refresh my browser in order to get the things rendered.

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I mostly perform quick replies by using +Reply to thread, but the problem is that anything written on LaTeX, is not rendered when posting. I have to use full editor in order to get it rendered.
This is not the only case, it happens when you edit a thing on LaTeX (without using full editor) and then you end the edit, nothing renders, I have to refresh my browser in order to get the things rendered.
I wouldn't necessarily call it a "bug"; since LaTeX rendering on this site is javascript based, that should explain why things like this occur.

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
I wouldn't necessarily call it a "bug"; since LaTeX rendering on this site is javascript based, that should explain why things like this occur.
The annoying thing is that the behaviuor is not consistent, sometimes it renders and sometimes not

CB

Last edited:

Markov

Feb 1, 2012
Exactly, that's the point CB.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I don't know if there is any way around this. The way Latex works on MHB is that a javascript file compiles any Latex code on the page when the header file is called upon. Maybe when you preview a post the header isn't reloaded therefore Latex doesn't render.