Bug in HW Section Thread Previews?

• Bug
  • Thread starter waht
  • Start date
In summary, when creating a new thread in the HW section, three bold sentences appear: "problem statement," "relevant equations," and "your solution." These sentences accumulate each time the thread is previewed before submission, resulting in multiple sets of the same three statements. This issue has been known for some time, and it is unclear if anything can be done about it. However, it may be worth bringing up again with the new software upgrade.
waht
In case this hasn't been reported, when a creating a new thread in HW section three bold sentences show up like "problem statement," "relevant equations" and "your solution" you know what I mean. But every time you preview the thread before submission the same three sentences keep accumulating in your existing thread. If you preview five times, then you will get five sets of those three statements.

Physics news on Phys.org
This has been known for some time. I don't know if Greg can do anything about it. It never hurts to bring these things back up once in a while though. Perhaps there is something he can do with the new software (I think it was talked about mainly before the upgrade).

Related to Bug in HW Section Thread Previews?

1. What is a possible bug in the HW section?

A possible bug in the HW section refers to an error or malfunction that may be present in the homework section of a scientific experiment or study.

2. How can a possible bug in the HW section affect the results of a study?

A possible bug in the HW section can significantly impact the accuracy and validity of the results obtained from a study, as it may introduce errors or inconsistencies in the data collected.

3. What are some common causes of a possible bug in the HW section?

Some common causes of a possible bug in the HW section include faulty equipment, human error, coding errors, and data entry mistakes. It is important to carefully review and double-check all aspects of the study to identify and address any potential bugs.

4. How can a possible bug in the HW section be prevented?

To prevent a possible bug in the HW section, it is essential to have a thorough understanding of the experiment or study design, carefully follow protocols, regularly calibrate equipment, and conduct quality checks on the data. It is also crucial to have multiple researchers review and verify the results.

5. What should I do if I suspect a possible bug in the HW section in my study?

If you suspect a possible bug in the HW section in your study, it is important to thoroughly investigate and identify the root cause. This may involve repeating the experiment, recalibrating equipment, or reviewing and correcting data. It is crucial to address and resolve the bug before finalizing the results of the study.