BS in aerospace MS in applied physics

In summary, it seems like you have a solid plan for pursuing your interests in fluid mechanics, plasma physics, and related fields. Your plan to do applied physics for your graduate studies is a good idea, and you may want to consider doing research or getting involved in other projects to demonstrate your interest and capability for advanced work. Additionally, preparing well for the GRE can also increase your chances of getting into your dream schools. For electives, you could consider courses such as Computational Physics, Plasma Physics, Fluid Dynamics, Electricity and Magnetism, Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics, and Optics. Good luck!
HRishabh
I am an international student studying Aerospace engineering in undergrad with a plan to do BS in physics too in US. I am really interested in Fluid mechanics, plasma physics and those stuffs but my university doesn't offer any of those and hence the reason I took aero and physics. But I am planning too do applied physics for my grad if I get into columbia or Havard(my dream colleges). Does it seem like a good plan?? And what more would you guys suggest so that I can get into those. Like GRE, research. And will they accept me if I am from engineering major.
And please suggest what kind of electives I should take in my physics. I have 17 hours of them. Unfortunately there isn't many electives in Aero.
plus I am in honors college too.

Physics news on Phys.org
It sounds like you have a good plan for pursuing your interests in fluid mechanics, plasma physics, and related fields. Taking courses in applied physics at the graduate level would be a great way to build on your knowledge of these areas. As for getting into a top school, the best advice is to take advantage of opportunities to do research or get involved with other projects that demonstrate your interest in the subject and your capability for advanced work. GRE scores are also important, so make sure you prepare well for that.For electives, you could look into courses such as Computational Physics, Plasma Physics, Fluid Dynamics, Electricity and Magnetism, Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics, and Optics. These should provide a good foundation for further study in the field. Good luck!

Related to BS in aerospace MS in applied physics

1. What is a BS in aerospace MS in applied physics degree?

A BS in aerospace MS in applied physics degree is a combination of two undergraduate and graduate degrees that focuses on the principles and theories of aerospace engineering and applied physics. It provides students with a strong foundation in both areas, allowing them to pursue careers in a variety of industries such as aerospace, defense, and research.

2. What are the job prospects for graduates with this degree?

Graduates with a BS in aerospace MS in applied physics degree have a wide range of career options, including roles in research and development, design and analysis, and project management in the aerospace and defense industries. They may also pursue careers in academia, government agencies, or research institutions.

3. What courses are typically included in this degree program?

Common courses in a BS in aerospace MS in applied physics degree program include aerospace engineering principles, applied mathematics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, materials science, and quantum mechanics. Students may also have the opportunity to specialize in areas such as aeronautics, astronautics, or space systems engineering.

4. What skills will I gain from pursuing this degree?

Students in a BS in aerospace MS in applied physics program will develop a strong foundation in both aerospace engineering and applied physics, as well as critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. They will also gain hands-on experience through laboratory work and research projects, as well as technical skills through computer simulations and modeling.

5. Can I pursue a career in either aerospace engineering or applied physics with this degree?

Yes, graduates with a BS in aerospace MS in applied physics degree have the option to pursue careers in either aerospace engineering or applied physics. They may choose to focus on one area or combine both disciplines in their career. The degree provides a versatile skill set that can be applied to various industries and fields, giving graduates a wide range of career options.