What is the meaning of life according to biology?

• Thread starter LogicalAtheist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
LogicalAtheist is an expert summarizer of content. In summary, the conversation delves into the meaning of life and the role of science and philosophy in answering this question. The biology neuroscience major suggests that the meaning of life is to maintain homeostasis and reproduce offspring successfully. However, other participants argue that science cannot answer this question and that meaning is a concept imposed by humans. The conversation also touches on the hostility towards philosophy and the importance of manners in discussions.
zk4586 - I took your post and notified the admin. The last guy (just earlier today) who said such a thing to me was promptly banned.

I suggest in the future, if you are allowed to remain here, you not call someone an idiot. While I post information and disucssion, you simply name-call and choose to not supply information.

That isn't the type of person whose wanted here, so I've gathered. Perhaps cleaning up your act, or moving along would be best for all of us? Furthermore, I won't be responding to your hate-spam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm posting your message here so you can't remove it:

Originally posted by zk4586
{Sigh} Another idiot lecturing. Fabulous. Respecting Les as much as I do, and having read your slipshod logic, I can assue you that you're in no place to criticize. Where's Ragesk8 when you need him? He'd tear you apart.

Originally posted by Iacchus32
Holy fructosciousness!

I think I have a new favorite expletive

Ok... everybody, shut up.

LA: I think you have misjudged LWS. He probably shouldn't have posted what he did... but he tends to have a thing about people claiming a monopoly to the truth.

Others: Let's not carry on knocking this stuff around. Retaliation doesn't work! I don't think anyone is going to get deleted at this point. Just nip this in the bud. Everyone has their opinion - don't like it, ignore it, or argue sensibly. And that includes me, too!

Kerrie: Maybe you should delete the posts here that have any insulting language etc.

Not sure who LWS is? I don't see anyone with those initials.

I didn't think I was being inapprioriate. Perhaps I shouldn't have said I notified the admin.

I was merely defending truths, didn't feel I was retaliating!

LWS = LW Sleeth

The point is I think we should all get a grip. LWS was rash, but you shouldn't have responded as patronisingly as you did. zk4586 felt that you were inappropiate in you manner, and he also acted rashly and so on. Let's not perpetuate this, ok? Everybody believes they are defending their truth - your job is not to crush them physically, but to persuade them.

Now, everybody say sorry, and hold hands for a group hug!

Originally posted by FZ+
Ok... everybody, shut up.

LA: I think you have misjudged LWS. He probably shouldn't have posted what he did... but he tends to have a thing about people claiming a monopoly to the truth.

Others: Let's not carry on knocking this stuff around. Retaliation doesn't work! I don't think anyone is going to get deleted at this point. Just nip this in the bud. Everyone has their opinion - don't like it, ignore it, or argue sensibly. And that includes me, too!

Kerrie: Maybe you should delete the posts here that have any insulting language etc.
Yes, but it's two-way street, and it's not okay to respond by calling somebody an @@@hole or a clown!

Originally posted by LogicalAtheist
LW. It's not a good idea to be sarcastic about you being feeble-minded and then give proof that you are. I'd advise against it.

Furthermore, being an @@@hole and intelligable will only make us read your posts like watching a clown. Try to say something worthwhile.

Iacchus32 - I DID NOT say that you are an jerk. You were acting to me like an jerk in that post. And being unintelligable. I think others agree, and who is LWS.

ALSO: I asked that this end a while back. You since have instigated with 3 more postings... Let's move onward.

zk4586 - I took your post and notified the admin. The last guy (just earlier today) who said such a thing to me was promptly banned.

I suggest in the future, if you are allowed to remain here, you not call someone an idiot. While I post information and disucssion, you simply name-call and choose to not supply information.

That isn't the type of person whose wanted here, so I've gathered. Perhaps cleaning up your act, or moving along would be best for all of us? Furthermore, I won't be responding to your hate-spam.

I'm shaking. I had other, more choice words.

jerk...clown...say something worthwhile...sorry feeb, you've been exiled...{you are} feeble-minded...perhaps it's to[o] elementary and is being overseen by you...I am not seeing anything proper coming from your side...

Iacchus32 - I DID NOT say that you are an jerk. You were acting to me like an jerk in that post. And being unintelligable. I think others agree

You assume far too much.

Iacchus32 - I DID NOT say that you are an jerk. You were acting to me like an jerk in that post. And being unintelligable. I think others agree, and who is LWS.
And which post are you talking about here? At what point did you refer to me as an @@@hole, except perhaps just now? You see you're the one who's being unintelligable here.

ALSO: I asked that this end a while back. You since have instigated with 3 more postings... Let's move onward.
You mean I have spoken in a way that you would otherwise deem truthful to yourself? Perhaps you shouldn't come across as being so presumptious then?

Enough said, was there something that you came here to propose that we discuss? ...

i see this thread getting way out of hand and completely off topic...

Yeah well. I just posted my thoughts and a few attacked me for it. One was banned but, oh well. ADMIN: feel more than free to lock this thread. Feel free to remove everything but my opening post as it wasn't open for discuss but just introspection.