Brownian Motion Calculation: Q&A on Greens Function & U Par/Perp @ z=0

In summary, The conversation is about the article "Brownian motion near a partial-slip boundary: A local probe of the no-slip condition" by Eric Lauga and Todd M. Squires. The speaker wants to perform the same calculation in the section II. Image systems near a partial slip surface, specifically in subsection a. Set up and boundary conditions. They have a doubt about the Green's function for the stokeslet at surface z=0 and the expression for r, as well as the expressions for U parallel and perpendicular at the same surface. They mention trying to insert the link to the article but experiencing difficulties. They suggest searching for the article on Google instead.
germana2006
I have read the next article and i want to realice the same calculation but i have some doubt

www.chemengr.ucsb.edu/people/faculty/squires/public_html/laugasquires05.pdf

In the section
II. Image systems near a partial slip surface
subsection
a. Set up and boundary conditions

A doubt it's the Green's function for the stokeslet at surface z=0, how it's the expression for r.
And U parallel and perpendicular how it's also the expression at surface z=0.
Thank you very much

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You do not have the complete URL in the above post - please fix it.

I have try again to insert the link but i don't know what happend.
There are other possibility, in google look for the article:
Brownian motion near a partial-slip boundary: A local probe of the no-slip condition
Eric Lauga, Todd M. squires

Related to Brownian Motion Calculation: Q&A on Greens Function & U Par/Perp @ z=0

1. What is Brownian Motion Calculation?

Brownian Motion Calculation is a mathematical method used to analyze the movement of particles in a fluid, such as gas or liquid. It takes into account the random motion of these particles, known as Brownian motion, and uses equations to calculate their trajectories.

2. What is the Greens Function in Brownian Motion Calculation?

The Greens Function is a mathematical function used to solve differential equations in Brownian Motion Calculation. It represents the response of the system to a point source, and is used to calculate the probability of a particle being at a certain location at a given time.

3. What is the significance of U Par/Perp in Brownian Motion Calculation?

U Par/Perp refers to the parallel and perpendicular components of the velocity of a particle in Brownian motion. These components are important in calculating the movement of the particle in relation to other particles and the boundaries of the system.

4. How is z=0 used in Brownian Motion Calculation?

The z=0 point is often used as a reference point in Brownian Motion Calculation. It represents the boundary or interface between two different media, such as a particle moving between two fluids. It is also used to calculate the probability of a particle crossing this boundary.

5. What are some real-world applications of Brownian Motion Calculation?

Brownian Motion Calculation has many applications in fields such as physics, chemistry, and biology. It can be used to study the movement of particles in a gas or liquid, the diffusion of molecules, and the behavior of colloidal suspensions. It is also used in financial modeling to analyze stock market fluctuations.