British Mensa IQ test upper limit

In summary: And yes, it would be fun to be able to compare, but since I now realize I only know a lower limit to my adult IQ (and that only 20 years ago), I can't play that game.
Jonathan Scott said:
If you check back through the rest of the thread, I think you'll find that your points have already been answered.

you're good! please help me in my thread: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=270899

Physics news on Phys.org
This is silly and going nowhere. I sense a thread locking.

Kurdt said:

C'mon, this thread just keeps getting better and better.

Besides, i understand this J. Scott dude. He's just some guy feeling very insecure

Let me help you bro...

marlon, member of the omega/delta/phi IQ Society

Ha ha ha! This is imranq from the MEGA Society! I bet you can feel my overwhelming intellect already. And as you can see, even my own initials spell IQ. How I laugh at you mere mortals...

On a more serious note, however, the Stanford-Binet scale (if I remember correctly) was not used to measure intelligence, but retardation. Which is ironic, since it seems that's the way this thread is going.

imranq said:
Ha ha ha! This is imranq from the MEGA Society! I bet you can feel my overwhelming intellect already. And as you can see, even my own initials spell IQ. How I laugh at you mere mortals...

On a more serious note, however, the Stanford-Binet scale (if I remember correctly) was not used to measure intelligence, but retardation. Which is ironic, since it seems that's the way this thread is going.

yeah, weren't IQ tests developed to measure brain "malfunctioning" in the first place ?

marlon

Kurdt said:
Kurdt is wise and all knowing.

Jonathan, what it boils down to is that a number is not going to change anything. If someone would have given you a higher test number 20 years ago, it would not have made your smarter. And if you would have tried harder and learned more if you had been told a higher number, well, that's pretty bad.

All of this "hype" about IQ numbers is just that, hype. And the Mensa test is not a true IQ test. True IQ tests are administered by and assessed by psychologists trained in this.

Last edited: