Books for practice integration problems and calc 3

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a practice book that covers problems on definite and indefinite integration at an easy to intermediate level. The speaker mentions a book "Technical Mathematics with Calculus" by Linda Davis, which they found easy to follow and covers topics up to differential equations. They also suggest "Inside Interesting Integrals" as a more pure-mathsy option.
Hamiltonian
I am looking for a (practice)book that has problems on definite and indefinite integration from easy to intermediate.

also which book covers the prerequisites of calculus for books like Griffiths.(similar to the topics in chap 1 of Griffiths but more in-depth)

Physics news on Phys.org
Hamiltonian299792458 said:
I am looking for a (practice)book that has problems on definite and indefinite integration from easy to intermediate.
I bought the book "Technical Mathematics with Calculus" by Linda Davis in a bookstore quite a few years ago that has the problems you mention. I found the book relatively easy to follow and was happy with the purchase. It covers simple stuff up to differential equations. Mine is copyright 1990 by Merrill Publishing Company. Library of Congress catalog card number: 89-63150. International Standard Book Number: 0-675-20965-x. Good luck finding it or another one that suits you.

By the way, if you would like something a little more pure-mathsy I think you will really like "Inside interesting integrals", it's a very fun book which isn't so much a textbook as instead a discussion of cute tricks and clever approaches. I haven't finished it yet but what I have read of it is very nice.

Related to Books for practice integration problems and calc 3

1. What is the purpose of using books for practice integration problems and calc 3?

The purpose of using books for practice integration problems and calc 3 is to reinforce and improve understanding of the concepts and techniques used in calculus 3. These books provide a variety of practice problems and exercises that allow students to apply their knowledge and skills in solving integration problems.

2. What topics are typically covered in books for practice integration problems and calc 3?

Books for practice integration problems and calc 3 typically cover topics such as integration techniques, multiple integrals, line and surface integrals, vector calculus, and applications of integration in physics and engineering. Some books may also include additional topics such as differential equations and series.

3. How can books for practice integration problems and calc 3 benefit students?

Books for practice integration problems and calc 3 can benefit students by providing them with a structured and organized approach to practicing and mastering integration techniques. These books offer a large number of problems with varying levels of difficulty, allowing students to gradually build their skills and confidence in solving integration problems.

4. Are there any recommended books for practice integration problems and calc 3?

There are many recommended books for practice integration problems and calc 3, including "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart, "Calculus: A Complete Course" by Robert A. Adams and Christopher Essex, and "Calculus: Concepts and Contexts" by James Stewart. It is important to choose a book that aligns with your course curriculum and learning style.

5. How often should students use books for practice integration problems and calc 3?

The frequency of using books for practice integration problems and calc 3 may vary for each student. However, it is recommended to use these books regularly, at least a few times a week, to maintain a good understanding of the concepts and techniques. It is also beneficial to use these books as a supplement to classroom lectures and assignments.