Book suggestions for Java and Electronics

In summary, the conversation is about the request for book recommendations for learning Java and electronics. The person asking has previous experience with C++ and wants to begin learning electronics on their own. The expert suggests Getting Started in Electronics by Forrest Mims and a trainer kit from Radio Shack for beginners. They also ask for more information on the individual's level and what type of electronics they are interested in learning.
Elixer
Can you please suggest some good books a learning Java and electronics?
I have learned C++ and I plan to learn Java now.
I also want to begin learning electronics by myself.
Thank you
Elixer

Physics news on Phys.org
As far as electronics goes, are you looking for more electrical engineering or electronics technician self-training? Furthermore, what level are you at now?

If you're an absolute beginner, I would highly recommend Getting Started in Electronics by Forrest Mims. If you wanted to cough up a few extra bucks, Radio Shack sells (or used to sell) a trainer kit for electronics, and the manuals were written by the same guy.

Hope that helps

Related to Book suggestions for Java and Electronics

1. What are the best books for beginners to learn Java and Electronics?

There are several great books for beginners to learn Java and Electronics. Some recommended titles include "Head First Java" by Kathy Sierra and Bert Bates, "Java: A Beginner's Guide" by Herbert Schildt, and "Practical Electronics for Inventors" by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk.

2. Are there any books that cover both Java and Electronics in one resource?

Yes, there are a few books that cover both Java and Electronics in one resource. Some examples include "Java Programming for the Absolute Beginner" by Joseph Russell and "Arduino for Beginners: Learn Electronics and Programming Step-by-Step" by John Baichtal.

3. What are some advanced books for Java and Electronics?

For more advanced readers, some recommended books include "Effective Java" by Joshua Bloch, "Electronic Circuits for the Evil Genius" by Dave Cutcher, and "The Art of Electronics" by Paul Horowitz and Winfield Hill.

4. Are there any online resources or tutorials for learning Java and Electronics?

Yes, there are many online resources and tutorials available for learning Java and Electronics. Some popular websites include Codeacademy, Coursera, and Udemy. Additionally, there are many YouTube channels and blogs that offer free tutorials and lessons.

5. Can you suggest any books specifically for learning Java and Electronics for robotics?

Absolutely! Some great books for learning Java and Electronics for robotics include "Build Your Own Autonomous NERF Blaster" by Bryce Bigger, "Java Programming for Robotics" by Jeff Cicolani, and "Make: Electronics: Learning Through Discovery" by Charles Platt.