Blog - Top Posts links are not working

• Thread starter robphy
  • Start date
In summary, the top post links on a blog may not be working due to broken links, incorrect linking format, or server errors. To fix these issues, one can manually fix each link or use a plugin or tool. The correct linking format for top post links may vary, but it is generally recommended to use the full URL including the protocol and post title or slug. There are tools and plugins available to help with top post link issues, such as the Broken Link Checker plugin and Google's Search Console. To prevent future link issues, it is important to regularly check and update links, use a consistent linking format, and regularly back up the blog.
robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Blog - "Top Posts" links are not working

On the blog, https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/ ,
the links in the "Top Posts" sidebar aren't working. They only point back to the homepage rather than (I would expect) to the posts themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I am aware, thanks.

Related to Blog - Top Posts links are not working

1. Why are the top post links on my blog not working?

There could be several reasons why the top post links on your blog are not working. Some common causes include broken links, incorrect linking format, or server errors. It is important to check each link individually to identify the specific issue.

2. How can I fix broken top post links on my blog?

The first step to fixing broken top post links is to identify the cause of the issue. Once you have identified the problem, you can either manually fix each link or use a plugin or tool to automatically fix them. It is also important to regularly check and update your links to prevent them from breaking in the future.

3. What is the correct linking format for top post links?

The correct linking format for top post links may vary depending on the blogging platform you are using. Generally, it is recommended to use the full URL of the post, including the http/https protocol, followed by the post title or slug. It is also important to make sure that the link is not misspelled or missing any characters.

4. Are there any tools or plugins that can help with top post link issues?

Yes, there are several tools and plugins available that can help with top post link issues. Some popular options include the Broken Link Checker plugin for WordPress, which automatically scans your site for broken links and provides suggestions for fixing them, and Google's Search Console, which can identify broken links and provide suggestions for fixing them.

5. How can I prevent top post links from breaking in the future?

To prevent top post links from breaking in the future, it is important to regularly check and update them. This can be done manually or by using a tool or plugin. It is also helpful to use a consistent linking format and to avoid using temporary links or redirects. Additionally, regularly backing up your blog can help to prevent any major issues with links and other elements of your site.