Blair 'the invisible man' of election battle

• News
  • Thread starter jimmy p
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Invisible
In summary, the Tories criticized Tony Blair for not appearing in Labour's final party political broadcast before the European and local elections. They also stated that he had become an "embarrassment" to his party and that his unpopularity over the Iraq war was causing damage. Meanwhile, some expressed their desire for a new government and preferred Michael Howard, while others still supported Blair despite his flaws.
jimmy p
Gold Member
The Tories mocked Tony Blair as "the invisible man" last night when he did not appear in Labour's final party political broadcast before Thursday's European and local elections.

They said he had become an "embarrassment" to his party, while Liberal Democrats said his unpopularity over the Iraq war was causing his party real damage.

From The Daily Telegraph

I find this most amusing... GO CONSERVATIVES!

Physics news on Phys.org
Go blair, go!
On another note, British government is the most enjoyable thing I have ever watched on CSPAN.

I hope that "Go blair, go!" was meaning "go leave 10 Downing Street you waster" we need a new Government. Come on, he is now saying that he is ready to start doing all the things that he promised in the last election. I would like Michael Howard in power because he has an evil hand.

As much as I would like to see a Tory government, I ‘d hate to see Blair go.

Why would you prefer Blair to stay in power?

Related to Blair 'the invisible man' of election battle

What is the story behind "Blair 'the invisible man' of election battle"?

Blair 'the invisible man' refers to the former British Prime Minister, Tony Blair, during the 1997 UK general election. He was nicknamed as such due to his reluctance to appear in public and engage in debates with his opponents.

Why was Tony Blair called "the invisible man" during the election?

Tony Blair was called "the invisible man" because he avoided public appearances and debates during the 1997 UK general election, which was highly unusual for a prime ministerial candidate.

Did Tony Blair's strategy of avoiding public appearances affect the outcome of the election?

There is no definitive answer to this question, as many factors contribute to the outcome of an election. However, some experts believe that Blair's strategy may have helped him win the election by maintaining a positive image and avoiding potential mistakes in debates.

Was this the first time a candidate was nicknamed "the invisible man" in an election?

No, the term "the invisible man" has been used to describe other political candidates who have avoided public appearances. For example, French politician François Hollande was nicknamed "the invisible man" during the 2012 French presidential election.

Did Tony Blair continue to be known as "the invisible man" after winning the election?

No, after winning the 1997 UK general election, Tony Blair became a highly visible and influential leader both nationally and internationally. The nickname "the invisible man" was no longer associated with him after the election.