BJT Biasing Circuits: Compare Advantages, Uses & Benefits

In summary: I don't know about used book stores, but there are many online resources that you could explore. Start with Google and type in specific topics like biasing circuits, transistor amplification, diodes, etc. You might also want to check out websites like IEEE.org or Electronic Design News. There are a lot of resources out there for self-learners like yourself.
Nomy-the wanderer
We've base biased circuit, voltage divider, emitter bias, and collector feed back bias...I'm looking for resources, to compare those 4 types, what are the advantages of each type, why is it used, and where...

I know BJT's work in amplifiers, but i need more detail concerning those different biasing circuits.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
This sounds like a homework question. We will not be doing your homework for you. If you've covered all of the above mentioned schemes in lab/class then wasn't it covered why each one is used or were you sleeping through that part? When I was in school for electronics those biasing schemes were covered and part of the lecture was which one was used where, and why.

Moved to homework forums.

Wanderer, what is the class that you're taking (what level, what title, what subject matter)? What learning resources do you have so far? What is your textbook. As supernova says, you need to show us your work and thinking so far in order for us to help you.

No textbook, that part was not covered, I've no resources, it's not homework, I'm having an electronic devices class, diodes, and transistors...That's why I'm asking, it's nothing i know of yet, just some titles.

I'm studying nuclear engineering, we used to have 2 courses, electronic circuits and digital circuits, but now we've all in one, covering the devices we may use, we are not getting deeper into this.

You might try wikipedia.org as a starting point. Look up transistors and amplifiers and diodes and such -- there are reasonable introductions to subjects like that at wiki.

I've tried that, there's nothing i need there, i want to learn more about the BJT biasing circuits, those 4 types, specifically i thought i asked for that.

I don't need introductions for transistors and diodes, i need the answer of a specific question, I've searched the internet for what i wanted, but i didn't get enough.

So, thanks for the help anyway!

Okay. I googled bjt bias circuit and got lots of great hits. Here's one of the first ones:

http://engr.astate.edu/jdg/Electronics/Lab1/09TransistorBiasing.html

If googling bjt bias circuit doesn't work for you, what other learning resources do you have available? When I was in school, there was a textbook that went with each class. If you are learning this all on your own, maybe folks can recommend good textbooks for you to check out in your local technical library.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i asked the professor, she thinks we only need to know how to make our calculations, which isn't enough.

So that's why i was looking for more details, i found something in a nearby used book store today, I'm working on it...

Thx.

Related to BJT Biasing Circuits: Compare Advantages, Uses & Benefits

What is a BJT Biasing Circuit and how does it work?

A BJT (Bipolar Junction Transistor) biasing circuit is a circuit that is used to establish a stable operating point for a BJT. It is necessary to bias the transistor in order to allow it to function properly and to avoid distortion of the output signal. The biasing circuit provides a DC voltage to the BJT, which allows it to operate in its active region.

What are the advantages of using a BJT Biasing Circuit?

There are several advantages of using a BJT biasing circuit. Firstly, it allows for stable operation of the transistor, ensuring that the output signal is not distorted. Additionally, it helps to increase the gain of the circuit, making it more sensitive to small changes in the input signal. BJT biasing circuits also allow for the control of the collector current, which can be useful in amplification circuits.

What are some common uses for BJT Biasing Circuits?

BJT biasing circuits are commonly used in amplification circuits, such as audio amplifiers and radio frequency amplifiers. They are also used in switching circuits, where the transistor is either fully on or fully off. BJT biasing circuits are also used in voltage regulators, which are important for maintaining a constant voltage in electronic circuits.

What are the benefits of using BJT Biasing Circuits?

Some of the main benefits of using BJT biasing circuits include improved stability, increased gain, and the ability to control the collector current. Additionally, BJT biasing circuits are relatively simple and inexpensive to design and implement, making them a popular choice in electronic circuits.

What are the different types of BJT Biasing Circuits?

There are several different types of BJT biasing circuits, including fixed bias, emitter bias, collector-to-base bias, and voltage divider bias. Each type has its own advantages and is suitable for different applications. It is important to select the appropriate type of biasing circuit based on the specific requirements and characteristics of the circuit being designed.