Bizzare idea, I need expert opinions?

In summary, the conversation was discussing the concept of entropy and its relationship to energy and matter conversion. The participants questioned whether the conversion of energy with maximum energy into matter and back would conserve entropy or lead to its dissipation. However, it was concluded that energy/mass is always conserved according to the basic principles of physics, but some energy is lost during conversion, leading to an increase in overall entropy. This is why perpetual motion is impossible.
zeromodz
Okay, you know how the maximum entropy can only stay the same or increase given time. I am talking about entropy in the sense of heat (Thermodynamics) where its measured as the amount of joules that actually do work.

What if energy with maximum energy is converted into matter and then converted back to energy? Would the entropy be conserved, or will it dissipate? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
What is "energy with the maximum energy"?

Every time we convert one kind of energy to another, or to mass, and then back again the conversion is not 100% efficient. So during every conversion energy is lost.

Bobbywhy said:
What is "energy with the maximum energy"?

Every time we convert one kind of energy to another, or to mass, and then back again the conversion is not 100% efficient. So during every conversion energy is lost.

What are you talking about? Energy/mass is ALWAYS conserved no matter what happens. Thats one the basic principles of all physics. I would bet you would win the Nobel Prize if you could figure out how to destroy matter or energy.

zeromodz said:
What are you talking about? Energy/mass is ALWAYS conserved no matter what happens. Thats one the basic principles of all physics. I would bet you would win the Nobel Prize if you could figure out how to destroy matter or energy.

I'm pretty sure Bobbywhy means energy available for work. After the conversion overall entropy will have increased, some energy must be wasted. This is pretty much why we can't have a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion" .

Last edited by a moderator:
adaptation said:
I'm pretty sure Bobbywhy means energy available for work. After the conversion overall entropy will have increased, some energy must be wasted. This is pretty much why we can't have a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion" .

Oh, sorry I see now. Its just the way he said it sounded wrong. Okay thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Bizzare idea, I need expert opinions?

1. How do I know if my idea is truly bizarre or just unconventional?

The best way to determine if your idea is truly bizarre is to do some research and gather feedback from others in your field. It's also important to consider if your idea is supported by scientific evidence and if it has the potential to be tested and proven.

2. How can I find experts who can provide opinions on my bizarre idea?

One way to find experts is to attend conferences and networking events in your field. You can also reach out to universities and research institutions to connect with experts in your specific area of interest. Additionally, there are online communities and forums where you can seek out expert opinions.

3. How do I present my bizarre idea to experts in a way that will be taken seriously?

When presenting your idea, it's important to clearly explain the background and evidence that supports it. Use scientific language and provide visual aids, such as diagrams or graphs, to help convey your idea. It's also helpful to have a well-developed plan for testing and proving your idea.

4. What should I do if the experts don't agree with my bizarre idea?

If the experts don't agree with your idea, it's important to listen to their feedback and consider their perspectives. You may need to revise your idea or gather more evidence to support it. It's also important to remember that not all ideas are immediately accepted by the scientific community and it may take time and further research to gain support.

5. Can a bizarre idea still be valuable and contribute to scientific progress?

Absolutely! Some of the most groundbreaking and revolutionary ideas were once considered bizarre or unconventional. As long as your idea is based on sound scientific principles and has the potential to be tested and proven, it can contribute to scientific progress and advance our understanding of the world.