Do Budgies Discuss the Afterlife?

• Thread starter PIT2
  • Start date
In summary: Sounds like you've had a lot of fun with budgies.In summary, Ryan Reynolds is a psittalinguist - a person who interprets budgie-speak. Since 1999, he has invested thousands of hours slowing down and deconstructing recordings of his beloved budgie, Victor, who died five years ago at the young age of 3, as well as other talking budgies. Victor had a vocabulary of 1,000 words, which he used in context, Reynolds says. So what are budgies saying? Apparently, they talk about spiritual things - such as God, the afterlife, and a better world for them. Reynolds says that budgies are "the most talkative animals"
PIT2
Ryan Reynolds is a psittalinguist — a person who interprets budgie-speak. Since 1999, he has invested thousands of hours slowing down and deconstructing recordings of his beloved budgie, Victor, who died five years ago at the young age of 3, as well as other talking budgies.

Victor had a vocabulary of 1,000 words, which he used in context, Reynolds says. So what are budgies saying?

"This is going to sound crazy, but they talk about spiritual things: God, the afterlife, a better world for them," Reynolds says.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1142941149417&call_pageid=970599119419

Birds never cease to amaze me!

Physics news on Phys.org
PIT2 said:
Birds never cease to amaze me!

Funny -- crackpots never cease to amaze me.

- Warren

They ceased to amaze me some time ago. I don't know what chroot sees in them...

rachmaninoff2 said:
They ceased to amaze me some time ago. I don't know what chroot sees in them...
They have the most amazing resistance to change you can possibly imagine. If we could engineer a material as impossible to alter amazing things might be done. I don't understand why the military doesn't use crackpots as projectiles when shooting at tanks and such.

zoobyshoe said:
I don't understand why the military doesn't use crackpots as projectiles when shooting at tanks and such.
There working on it.Apperntly a Crackpot theorist says you can break the laws of physics using your mind.Will since crackpots are the only ones who believe in crackpottery there using them do stuff such shooting them to go faster then speed light and turn pure energy to destroy tanks,insurgents etc.

zoobyshoe said:
I don't understand why the military doesn't use crackpots as projectiles when shooting at tanks and such.

It's hard to aim a projectile which is wearing antigravity bracelets.

scott1 said:
There working on it.Apperntly a Crackpot theorist says you can break the laws of physics using your mind.Will since crackpots are the only ones who believe in crackpottery there using them do stuff such shooting them to go faster then speed light and turn pure energy to destroy tanks,insurgents etc.
rachmaninoff2 said:
It's hard to aim a projectile which is wearing antigravity bracelets.
ROFL!

Thanks, guys. I so needed some good chuckles!

Sounds cool to me. It's about time we took to a deeper understanding of our universe around us instead of just ourselves and our supposed all knowing, all powerful intellect.

Birds talk dirty to each other, I know that much. Pretty much all birdsong is designed to attract mates. I definitely agree with goodpasture on one thing. We can learn from these birds, to give the intellect a rest and get back down to doing what life was meant to do.

He repeatedly tested N'kisi, a captive African Grey parrot who seemed to respond telepathically to the thoughts and intentions of his owner, Aimee Morgana. He wanted to find out whether the bird would use words matching randomly chosen pictures Morgana was looking at in another room.

"These findings are consistent with the hypotheses that N'kisi was reacting telepathically to Aimee's mental activity," Sheldrake reports on his website (http://www.sheldrake.org) .

"The fact that these experiments statistically prove that N'kisi's use of speech is not random also give evidence of his sentience and intentional use of language."
They need to get these two to Randi ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking to his budgie...is that what guys are calling it nowadays? :rolleyes: :blushing:

Talk is cheep.

*sorry*

Math Is Hard said:
Talk is cheep.

*sorry*
Lol... You need a pic of tweety bird to go along with that joke.

Related to Do Budgies Discuss the Afterlife?

1. How do birds communicate about the afterlife?

Birds do not have verbal communication like humans do, but they have their own unique ways of communicating. Some species of birds, such as crows, have been observed exhibiting behaviors that suggest they are mourning the death of another bird. They may gather around the deceased bird, vocalize, and perform ritualistic movements. However, it is not scientifically proven that these behaviors are a form of communication about the afterlife.

2. Do birds believe in an afterlife?

There is no way to determine what birds believe or do not believe, as they do not have the ability to express their thoughts and beliefs like humans do. It is also difficult to study the concept of belief in animals. Therefore, it is not scientifically proven whether or not birds believe in an afterlife.

3. Are there any scientific studies on birds and the afterlife?

To date, there have been no scientific studies specifically focused on birds and their beliefs or understanding of the afterlife. However, there is ongoing research on animal cognition and communication, which may shed some light on this topic in the future.

4. Do birds have any rituals or traditions surrounding death and the afterlife?

Some species of birds, such as crows and magpies, have been observed exhibiting behaviors that could be interpreted as rituals or traditions surrounding death. These behaviors may include gathering around a deceased bird, vocalizing, and performing movements. However, it is not scientifically proven that these behaviors are directly related to the afterlife.

5. Can birds communicate with the dead or spirits?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea that birds have the ability to communicate with the dead or spirits. While they may exhibit behaviors that could be interpreted as communicating with the deceased, it is more likely that they are responding to the presence of the deceased bird's body or the changes in their social group.