Biology Sec 4 - Solving Homework Questions

• Thread starter nicholaschean
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Biology
In summary, the first question discusses the effects of a blockage during dialysis on the concentration of urea in the blood and dialysis fluid. The correct answer is that the concentration of urea in the blood will decrease and become constant, while the concentration in the dialysis fluid will increase and become constant. The second question asks for the reason behind the correct answer, which is option A. This is because it accurately describes the changes in the concentration of urea in the blood and dialysis fluid due to a blockage during dialysis. As a scientist, it is important to carefully analyze and understand information and ask for clarification if needed.
nicholaschean

Homework Statement

12062011273.jpg

12062011274.jpg

Homework Equations

None

The Attempt at a Solution

For the 1st qn, all that i can decipher is urea in blood would not be removed and that dialysis fluid will not receive any urea. Therefore if a blockage happened during dialysis, urea concentration in blood would be decreasing and become constant while that of the dialysis fluid would be increasing and become constant?

For the 2nd Qn, I have eliminated C and D away, leaving A and B. However, the ans sheet says A. I am not sure of the reason why it is A.

Kindly, explain if my attempt was right for Qn 1 and why it is A for Qn 2.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

I would like to clarify and provide some information on the questions and answers mentioned in the forum post.

For the first question, it is correct that if there is a blockage during dialysis, the concentration of urea in the blood will decrease and become constant while the concentration in the dialysis fluid will increase and become constant. This is because dialysis is a process that removes waste products, such as urea, from the blood by passing it through a membrane into a dialysis fluid. If there is a blockage, the blood will not be able to pass through the membrane and therefore, the urea will not be removed from the blood. This can lead to an imbalance in the concentration of urea between the blood and dialysis fluid.

For the second question, the correct answer is A because it is the only option that correctly identifies the changes in the concentration of urea in the blood and dialysis fluid. Option B is incorrect because it states that the concentration of urea in the dialysis fluid will decrease, which is not true as the dialysis fluid is not affected by the blockage. Option A correctly states that the concentration of urea in the blood will decrease and become constant, while the concentration in the dialysis fluid will increase and become constant. This is due to the blockage preventing the removal of urea from the blood during dialysis.

I hope this helps to clarify the questions and answers and provides a better understanding of the concepts. it is important to always carefully analyze and understand the information presented and to ask for clarification if needed.

Related to Biology Sec 4 - Solving Homework Questions

1. What is the best way to approach solving homework questions in Biology Sec 4?

The best way to approach solving homework questions in Biology Sec 4 is to start by reviewing your class notes and textbook to refresh your understanding of the topic. Then, read the homework questions carefully and break them down into smaller parts. Use diagrams, flowcharts, or other visual aids to help you organize your thoughts. Finally, practice answering similar questions from past exams or online resources to solidify your understanding.

2. How can I effectively manage my time when solving homework questions in Biology Sec 4?

To effectively manage your time when solving homework questions in Biology Sec 4, it is important to prioritize your tasks. Start with the questions that you feel most confident about and work your way through the more challenging ones. Set a timer for each question to help you stay on track. If you get stuck on a question, move on to the next one and come back to it later. Also, make sure to take breaks and stay hydrated to keep your mind sharp.

3. What resources can I use to help me solve homework questions in Biology Sec 4?

There are various resources available to help you solve homework questions in Biology Sec 4. Your textbook, class notes, and teacher are great sources for information and clarification. You can also use online resources such as study guides, practice quizzes, and video tutorials to supplement your learning. Additionally, forming a study group with classmates can also be beneficial as you can work together to solve questions and discuss concepts.

4. How can I avoid making mistakes when solving homework questions in Biology Sec 4?

To avoid making mistakes when solving homework questions in Biology Sec 4, it is important to read the questions carefully and make sure you understand what is being asked. Take your time and double-check your answers before moving on to the next question. Use highlighting or underlining to identify key information in the question and refer back to your notes or textbook if needed. It can also be helpful to write out your steps and show your work to catch any errors.

5. What should I do if I am struggling to solve a homework question in Biology Sec 4?

If you are struggling to solve a homework question in Biology Sec 4, do not get discouraged. First, try to break down the question into smaller parts and focus on one aspect at a time. Refer back to your notes or textbook for clarification and try to apply relevant concepts. If you are still having trouble, reach out to your teacher for help or attend a study group with classmates. Remember to also take breaks and come back to the question with a fresh perspective.