Best PreCal Text to Prep for SAT Subject Math IIC Test?

In summary, the conversation discusses the best textbook for precalculus, with a focus on good examples and problems, organization, and comprehensibility. The idea of searching for previous discussions on this topic and finding a used copy of a Larson & Hostetler PreCalculus book with a solution manual is suggested. The conversation also mentions using sparknotes.com for reviewing 3D geometry and sequences, but notes that it may not have enough examples for learning the basics. The individual also mentions having taken a precalculus class before and wanting to work more problems as a quick review.
lLovePhysics
What is the best precalculus textbook in your opinion that gives good examples and problems for you to practice on? Organization and the easy level of ability to comprehend would also be nice.

Physics news on Phys.org
What math will you be taking now? Will you have to start from scratch or just review? I went to sparknotes.com to review and look for tips on 3D geometry and sequences. Its pretty good for things on the test you may not have been exposed to in precalc class, but there probably arent enough examples to learn the basics

lLovePhysics said:
What is the best precalculus textbook in your opinion that gives good examples and problems for you to practice on? Organization and the easy level of ability to comprehend would also be nice.
Try searching the forums; this topic has occurred before.
My opinion, being an opinion, is to find a used copy of a Larson & Hostetler PreCalculus book with a solution manual. You will find some theoretical examples and some interesting applied examples. You may also like the treatment of conic section much better than what you find in many of the Intermediate Algebra books.

turdferguson said:
What math will you be taking now? Will you have to start from scratch or just review? I went to sparknotes.com to review and look for tips on 3D geometry and sequences. Its pretty good for things on the test you may not have been exposed to in precalc class, but there probably arent enough examples to learn the basics
I just want to have a fast resource for reviewing. I've taken a Precalculus class before, this year actually. I would like to work some more problems though.

Related to Best PreCal Text to Prep for SAT Subject Math IIC Test?

1. What is the best PreCal text to use for preparing for the SAT Subject Math IIC Test?

The best PreCal text to use for preparing for the SAT Subject Math IIC Test is subjective and may vary based on individual learning styles. However, some popular options include "PreCalculus: Mathematics for Calculus" by James Stewart and "Precalculus" by Michael Sullivan.

2. How should I use the PreCal text to prepare for the SAT Subject Math IIC Test?

It is recommended to read through the entire PreCal text and take thorough notes. Then, focus on the topics that are covered on the SAT Subject Math IIC Test and practice solving related problems. It may also be helpful to use study guides and practice tests.

3. Is it necessary to have a physical copy of the PreCal text for preparation?

No, it is not necessary to have a physical copy of the PreCal text. Many options are available in e-book or digital format, which can be more convenient and cost-effective. However, having a physical copy may be helpful for taking notes and highlighting important information.

4. Are there any online resources I can use in addition to the PreCal text for SAT Subject Math IIC Test preparation?

Yes, there are many online resources available for SAT Subject Math IIC Test preparation. Some popular options include Khan Academy, College Board's official SAT practice tests, and various YouTube channels that offer video tutorials and practice problems.

5. How long should I study using the PreCal text before taking the SAT Subject Math IIC Test?

The amount of time needed to study using the PreCal text may vary for each individual. It is recommended to start studying at least 2-3 months before the test date and dedicate a few hours each week to review and practice problems. It is also important to take breaks and avoid cramming to retain information effectively.