Best open course lectures on first year physics?

In summary, the best open course lectures on first year physics include options such as MIT OpenCourseWare, Khan Academy, and Coursera. These lectures are free to access, cover a wide range of topics, and are suitable for beginners with no prior knowledge of physics. However, whether or not college credit can be earned for these lectures depends on the platform and institution, so it is best to check with your school or university for their policies on accepting credits from open course lectures.
christian0710
Hi I can see that MIT, Stanford and Yale have open courses in Classical physics and electromagnetics.

Which courses would you recommend for self-studying all the general first year topics at university such as Classical mechanics, electromagnetics, light etc?

For classical mechanics I think this might be the best

Likes sincap34
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the link, I was looking for a good source for self-studying on classical physics.

Related to Best open course lectures on first year physics?

What are the best open course lectures on first year physics?

The best open course lectures on first year physics vary depending on personal preference and learning style. However, some popular options include MIT OpenCourseWare, Khan Academy, and Coursera.

Are these lectures free to access?

Yes, all of the mentioned open course lectures on first year physics are free to access. However, some platforms may offer paid options for additional resources or certifications.

Do these lectures cover all topics in first year physics?

It is difficult to say if these lectures cover all topics in first year physics as curriculums may vary between schools. However, these lectures typically cover a wide range of topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, optics, and electromagnetism.

Are these lectures suitable for beginners?

Yes, these lectures are designed for beginners and assume no prior knowledge of physics. They are a great resource for those who are new to the subject or looking for a refresher.

Can I earn college credit for these lectures?

It depends on the platform and the institution. Some platforms, like Coursera, offer paid options for certificates of completion, but these may not be accepted for college credit. It is best to check with your school or university to see if they accept credits from these open course lectures.