Best laptop (fast) under 300$-400$

• Thread starter Gjmdp
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laptop
In summary: So, is an Acer Aspire E15 enough? (Intel i3, 4GB RAM), or should I go to the fancy "ASUS P-Series P2540UA-AB51 business standard Laptop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.1GHz), FHD Display, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home, Fingerprint, TPM, 9hrs battery life" (Intel I5, 8GB RAM, and no idea of SSD)?In summary, the user is looking for a laptop for a machine learning project with a budget of $300-$400. They do not prioritize graphics and want a
But how often will the OP need to reboot? I haven't re-booted in (... looking at my panel app "System Load Monitor"...), 15 days ( but that's Linux/Xubuntu, not Windows, if it makes a difference). A couple minutes in boot time isn't an issue for me. Though an SSD would help me for other things, but I'm not the OP.

Computer science news on Phys.org
NTL2009 said:
But how often will the OP need to reboot? I haven't re-booted in (... looking at my panel app "System Load Monitor"...), 15 days ( but that's Linux/Xubuntu, not Windows, if it makes a difference). A couple minutes in boot time isn't an issue for me. Though an SSD would help me for other things, but I'm not the OP.
Makes a big difference, although much less in recent years as Windows has begun to have some of the stability that UNIX & derivatives have had for decades.

Suyash Singh said:
east or west asus and dell are the best.

NEVER ever go for HP and Compact.

phinds said:
Why? I've been using nothing but HP for years for me, my wife, and my son. Their systems are as good as any and they have superior technical support. I recommend them to everyone. What's your problem w/ HP?
I've had my HP desktop with i7 for more than 4 years, with no problems whatsoever.

Suyash Singh said:
I had my exams going on.
Well their after sales service is extremely bad.Laptops overheat and shut down.Fans keep clogging with dust.Highly priced for no reason.Even my school threw all their Hp desktops and installed Dell ones.
You work at hp or something?:confused:
If your computer is in a dusty environment, the fans will get clogged with dust. Doesn't matter what kind of computer it is.
With regard to Dell, my brother bought a Dell laptop that was bad right out of the box. He returned it and got another one -- same problem. His solution was to get a Mac of some kind.

phinds said:
I disagree. It's ALSO important if waiting forever for Windows to boot up causes you to want to go find someone at Microsoft and hurt them. :smile:
Perhaps you've found something, too, that Microsoft has a lot of holes in this ,if they can't fix these problems in time, one day they will lose a lot of customers

Qamerash said:
Perhaps you've found something, too, that Microsoft has a lot of holes in this ,if they can't fix these problems in time, one day they will lose a lot of customers
No, they will not. Windows sucks bigtime in many ways but it has steadily improved over the years and people who hate it have already migrated to UNIX-based system.

I'm more bullish on dell and asustek

phinds said:
No, they will not. Windows sucks bigtime in many ways but it has steadily improved over the years and people who hate it have already migrated to UNIX-based system.
Many of us only know how to use Windows; we just don't know any better. A few or more of us would like to try and begin to use Apple, but these computers are much more expensive than the one on which Windows was pre-installed. Therefore, some machines from Lenovo, Dell, Asus, Toshiba, etc. (even HP), are what we buy.

I think electronic devices(mobile,laptop,etc ) selling companies are good for specific countries.Like ASUS is one of the best mobiles here in India(overall) and in US Apple is quite famous.Similarly from your comments i see that Westerners like Hp while Indians like Dell.The temperaratures here in Delhi reach upto 40 degree celsius sometimes and drop down to 0 degree sometimes and any company which does not account for this temperature difference for laptops is bound to suffer.

It's sounds like to be a good budget for having laptop with good specs.With in a budget you have to go with dell or hp because Apple has just increased their products too much. For that I would like to suggest you the HP envy 17 series which is a good machine personally used by me. However you also can't avoid Dell Inspirons series under 400$.