Best distance learning program

• Thread starter emc2cracker
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Program
In summary, the student wants to transfer to a physics degree program but is unhappy with the technology information systems degree they are taking. They are talented in the subject and would rather spend their time learning something they enjoy than just getting a promotion.
emc2cracker
Hi all,

I am a student at university of phoenix, and I am unhappy with the technology information systems degree I am taking so I want to transfer to physics. I want to teach physics someday starting at a high school level. I was mislead by my counselor the only thing they really have I can start next semester is bachelors of science education, which includes mathematics, which will have some physics in it. Thats not what I am looking for I want a specialized physics and astronomy degree, a PHD but I want to get a bachelors, masters, then the phd.

I started with the idea I'd rush through an associates program just to better my current career. But what I am learning now I already know, this means I do not look forward to class at all. I have been logging in the minimum times and doing all my work for the week in one day. The reason I decided to take physics is because after studying some of the tutorials here, and after cracking open my aunts old advanced physics book from high school, I have realized I have a passion to learn this stuff and I am talented at it. I would rather spend the next 10 yrs of my life working on something that I will really enjoy doing than to just get a promotion that I should already have!

My problem is I am a single father of three kids, I"m 31 years old and I spend a lot of time teaching my kids. I need an online course, and I am not having much success in googling for an online physics degree. Is anyone here currently taking distance learning?? Care to give me some advice and recommend a school I can transfer to?

Physics news on Phys.org
From what I understand, Drexel has online courses. I'm not sure what part of the country you're from, though.

http://www.drexel.com/

EDIT: Wait.. I must have misread.. Are you living in Phoenix or just doing their online program?

I'm just in their program. I live in eastern kentucky, if I could find a program that helps single parents out I would take on campus courses as well however.

Related to Best distance learning program

1. What is a distance learning program?

A distance learning program is a type of education where students are not physically present in a traditional classroom setting. Instead, students can access course materials and complete assignments remotely through online platforms, video conferencing, or other technology-based methods. This allows for flexibility and convenience for students who may not be able to attend a traditional school.

2. How do I choose the best distance learning program?

When choosing the best distance learning program, it is important to consider factors such as the accreditation of the program, the reputation and ranking of the institution, the curriculum and course offerings, the level of interaction and support from instructors, and the cost and financial aid options available. It is also helpful to read reviews and testimonials from current and former students.

3. Can I receive the same quality education from a distance learning program as I would in a traditional classroom setting?

Yes, with the advancement of technology, many distance learning programs are able to provide the same quality education as traditional classroom programs. However, it is important to research and choose a reputable and accredited institution to ensure the quality of education.

4. Do I need to be tech-savvy to succeed in a distance learning program?

While basic computer skills are usually necessary for a distance learning program, most programs have user-friendly platforms and provide technical support for students. As long as you are comfortable using a computer and the internet, you should be able to succeed in a distance learning program.

5. Can I transfer credits from a distance learning program to a traditional institution?

It depends on the specific institution and their transfer credit policies. However, many accredited distance learning programs have partnerships with traditional institutions and offer transfer credit options. It is important to research and confirm transfer credit policies before enrolling in a distance learning program.