Is Light Simply the Result of Liberated Electrostatic Forces?

In summary, the conversation discusses a theory about the nature of light, where it is proposed that light is not made up of photons but is instead the energy released when atoms are separated from their bonds. This theory also aims to explain various phenomena such as the photoelectric effect and the double slit experiment. The conversation ends with a question about the validity of this theory and if it makes sense.
The_Thinker
Here's another theory of mine. Let's imagine a molecule, it's atoms are held together by the electrostatic force of attraction. Now if you were to strike a match, you remove a few atoms from the whole substance. This results in the liberation of the electrostatic force that bounded the two atoms, now this force acts on the neigbouring molecules and releases those atoms as well, this also affects the oxygen molecule (O2) in the atmosphere, which separate to liberate more electrostatic force. This process continues, and this process is heat. Now, we observe that a hot body only can emit light. And i suggest that this heat liberated is the that we see from it. This i suppose would explain all the things that light is supposed to explain, photoelectric effect, the double slit experiment.

If i have made some stupid mistake somewhere, please tell me. Or for any doubts or views you may hold in "light" of this. (forgive the pun). Let me know.

Science news on Phys.org
Liberating atoms from bonds requires energy, it does not release it, unless you are forming another bond that is stronger. If things worked the way you describe, things would spontaneously explode.

You're right, silly me :biggrin: , it does take energy, and the energy released when it combines with the oxygen molecules is the energy required to release other bonds. Sorry abt, that, but the esscence of it was that light is basically this energy that is relased. And not a bunch of photons. :approve:

Now, does that make sense? :confused:

What is the theory of light and heat?

The theory of light and heat is a scientific explanation of how light and heat energy interact with matter. It explains how light and heat are produced, how they travel, and how they are absorbed and reflected by different materials.

Who developed the theory of light and heat?

The theory of light and heat was developed by a number of scientists over several centuries, including Isaac Newton, James Clerk Maxwell, and Max Planck. Each scientist made significant contributions to our understanding of light and heat.

How does the theory of light and heat explain the properties of light?

The theory of light and heat explains that light is composed of electromagnetic waves, which have both electric and magnetic components. These waves travel at a constant speed and can be described in terms of their wavelength and frequency.

How does the theory of light and heat explain the properties of heat?

The theory of light and heat explains that heat is a form of energy that is transferred between objects or systems. It is caused by the movement of particles within matter and can be measured in terms of temperature. The theory also describes how heat can be transferred through conduction, convection, and radiation.

What are some real-world applications of the theory of light and heat?

The theory of light and heat has many practical applications, including the development of technologies such as lasers, solar cells, and thermometers. It also helps us understand natural phenomena like the Earth's climate and the behavior of stars and galaxies.