Beautiful Sunset Painting by Artist

• Thread starter nomi
  • Start date
In summary, there was a discussion about a student's work on an integral problem. It was mentioned that there was an error in the substitution, as the student had used u = e^-x dx instead of just u = e^-x. It was also noted that when using -du = e^-x dx, the integral should be written as -\int {tanu du} instead of -\int {tanu dx}. However, aside from these mistakes, the work looked good.
nomi
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v124/mugenlude99/myhw1.jpg

did i do this correct?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
There's something wrong, you shouldn't do u = e^-x dx, only u = e^-x and when you say -du = e^-x dx, you have to substitute it completely in the integral i mean -\int { tan(u)du}

Cyclovenom said:
There's something wrong, you shouldn't do u = e^-x dx, only u = e^-x and when you say -du = e^-x dx, you have to substitute it completely in the integral i mean -\int { tan(u)du}
i think i know what you're saying, but i took the -1 out since its a constant.

:confused:

that's ok, I'm talking about your substitution... You should not pick u = e^-x dx, why without dx? you will know why not later, and if you have a -du = e^-x dx, you should not have -\int {tanu dx} you should have -\int {tanu du} see what i mean?, remember in your du you have the dx.

Cyclovenom said:
that's ok, I'm talking about your substitution... You should not pick u = e^-x dx, why without dx? you will know why not later, and if you have a -du = e^-x dx, you should not have -\int {tanu dx} you should have -\int {tanu du} see what i mean?, remember in your du you have the dx.
oh sorry yeah that is a careless mistake, but other than the dx it's ok?

nomi said:
oh sorry yeah that is a careless mistake, but other than the dx it's ok?

Aside from that it looks good to me.

NateTG said:
Aside from that it looks good to me.
ok thanks a lot guys :)

Related to Beautiful Sunset Painting by Artist

1. What inspired you to create this beautiful sunset painting?

I was inspired by the serene and calming beauty of sunsets. I wanted to capture the vibrant colors and peaceful atmosphere in my painting.

2. How did you choose the color palette for this painting?

I carefully observed real-life sunsets and studied the way light and shadows interacted with each other. I then chose a warm and vibrant color palette to reflect the beauty of a sunset.

3. What techniques did you use to create the beautiful texture in this painting?

I used a combination of brush strokes and palette knives to create the different layers and textures in the painting. I also used a dry brush technique to add depth and dimension to the clouds and water.

4. What message or feeling do you hope to convey through this painting?

I want to evoke a sense of peace and tranquility in the viewer, as if they are watching a breathtaking sunset in person. I also hope to remind people to appreciate the beauty of nature and take a moment to slow down and enjoy it.

5. Can you tell us about any challenges you faced while creating this painting?

One of the main challenges I faced was capturing the ever-changing colors and light of a sunset in a static painting. I also had to be mindful of balancing the colors and creating a harmonious composition. It took several attempts and adjustments to achieve the desired result.