PF Birthdate Stats: Analysis of 590 Entries

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stats
In summary, the conversation discusses the analysis of birthdays in the PF community. It is noted that there were 590 entries in total, and the average age is 27.5 years with a median of 22 years. The youngest person is 14 years old and the oldest is 84 years old. The number of births per day was also calculated, with January 1st having the most births. It is suggested that this may be due to people not wanting to reveal their real birthday. The conversation also brings up the idea that there is a higher birthrate in the early to mid fall season, possibly due to people being more active indoors during the winter. Additionally, it is mentioned that in the speaker's circle of family and friends
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What to do when you have some extra time? Play with some numbers ofcourse :)

I downloaded all the birthdays registered in PF and did a few spreadsheet calculations:

In total there were 592 entries, of which one was of a 3 year old and another of a 101 year old person.. those were not included in the analysis, leaving 590 entries.

Total PF community:
The average age is 27.5 years (13.15 stdev).
The median age is 22 years.
The youngest person is 14 years and the oldest 84 years old.

Number of births per day in:
JAN 2.10
APR 1.87
MRT 1.74
DEC 1.68
OCT 1.65
FEB 1.62
AUG 1.61
MAY 1.55
SEP 1.47
JUL 1.45
NOV 1.33
JUN 1.27

Average age per month:
FEB 31.68
NOV 30.28
DEC 30.04
MRT 28.72
OCT 27.84
JUN 27.11
JAN 27.03
AUG 26.24
SEP 26.14
JUL 25.58
MAY 25.21
APR 24.75

Take from it what you want, the most interesting thing I saw was that the day with the most births was on January 1st..

Physics news on Phys.org
extremely interesting scientific facts of PF's biggest resource - the members...

perhaps many people just put Jan 1 as their birthday because they didn't want to reveal their real birthday but put something in that field?

But one is not required to give a birthdate at all so I don't think that would be an issue.

On thing I've heard in the past is that there is generally an unsually high birthrate in the early to mid fall season. And it makes sense, because in the winter time people are less active outdoors, which forces them to find more indoor activities..you can draw your own conclusions from that:wink:

Originally posted by Zantra
On thing I've heard in the past is that there is generally an unsually high birthrate in the early to mid fall season. And it makes sense, because in the winter time people are less active outdoors, which forces them to find more indoor activities..you can draw your own conclusions from that:wink:

In my circle of family and friends, most births take place in the late spring. But this is done deliberately, for the most part.

Originally posted by LURCH
In my circle of family and friends, most births take place in the late spring. But this is done deliberately, for the most part.

1. What is the purpose of the study?

The purpose of this study is to analyze 590 entries of birthdate statistics from the popular online game "Perfect World" in order to identify any patterns or trends.

2. How were the entries for this study collected?

The entries for this study were collected through a survey distributed to players of the game "Perfect World." The survey asked for the player's birthdate, gender, and in-game information.

3. What kind of statistics were analyzed in this study?

This study analyzed the distribution of birthdates among players, as well as any correlations between birthdates and in-game data such as gender, character class, and level.

4. What were the key findings of this study?

The key findings of this study include a higher prevalence of male players, a larger number of players born in the months of March and April, and a slightly higher number of players born on even-numbered days.

5. How can this study be useful?

This study can be useful for understanding the demographics and playing habits of players in the game "Perfect World." It may also provide insight for game developers and marketers in targeting certain groups of players or planning events and promotions.