Basic Circuit Analysis, having difficulties

In summary, the poster is seeking advice on how to make their post cleaner for their first time posting. They are stuck on a problem and have attached their attempt at solving it using nodal analysis, replacing E1 with node A and using a supernode between A and C. However, their solution does not match the answer given by their professor. Another user points out that the upside-down Ω symbols do not mean Ohms and the poster realizes their mistake. They thank the user for pointing it out and continue to try to solve the problem using conductivity = 1/r, but are still getting an incorrect answer. They request for any help.
coachspoon

Homework Statement

Hi, this is my first time posting so if there is any advice on how to make this post cleaner, please tell me! I've been stuck on a problem and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have attached the problem and the attempt at solving the problem below. I am supposed to find E1 using nodal analysis.

Homework Equations

In my work that I attached, I replaced the name E1 with node A. I also used a supernode between A and C.

The Attempt at a Solution

Homework Statement

I solved Va = 10/4, however the solution that my professor gave me says its supposed to be 42/3. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• EE211#25.jpg
    EE211#25.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 440
  • CAM00040.jpg
    CAM00040.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi coachspoon! http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif

Those upside-down Ω symbols don't mean Ohms!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my goodness i didn't notice, I'm a bonehead haha! thank you! let me see if i can solve it properly now.

I have solved it using conductivity = 1/r. However, I am still getting an incorrect answer. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• CAM00041.jpg
    CAM00041.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 435
coachspoon said:
I have solved it using conductivity = 1/r. However, I am still getting an incorrect answer. Any help is appreciated!

Your new result looks good to me.

Related to Basic Circuit Analysis, having difficulties

1. What is a basic circuit analysis?

A basic circuit analysis is the process of using mathematical and scientific principles to understand and analyze the behavior of electrical circuits. This includes determining the voltage, current, and resistance in a circuit.

2. What are the main components of a circuit?

The main components of a circuit include a power source (such as a battery), conductors (such as wires), and loads (such as light bulbs or resistors). These components work together to allow the flow of electricity through the circuit.

3. What is Ohm's law and how is it used in circuit analysis?

Ohm's law states that the current through a conductor between two points is directly proportional to the voltage across the two points, and inversely proportional to the resistance between them. In circuit analysis, Ohm's law is used to calculate the voltage, current, or resistance in a circuit.

4. What are some common difficulties in circuit analysis?

Some common difficulties in circuit analysis include understanding complex circuits with multiple components, determining the correct direction of current flow, and accounting for non-ideal behavior of components such as resistance and capacitance.

5. How can I improve my understanding of basic circuit analysis?

To improve your understanding of basic circuit analysis, you can practice solving problems and working with different types of circuits. It can also be helpful to review fundamental concepts such as Ohm's law and Kirchhoff's laws. Additionally, seeking out resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and practice quizzes can aid in your understanding.