Banner Ads: Google Ads Tasteful, PF's Trashy & Annoying

• Thread starter chroot
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the use of banner ads on a website, with one person claiming they are largely annoying and trashy, particularly the adult ones. However, another person explains that these ads generate more revenue than Google ads and suggests turning off images or scrolling down to avoid them. The use of ads is seen as necessary to support the website, but the annoying ones are acknowledged and alternatives are being explored.
chroot
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The Google ads were tasteful. The banner ads you've chosen to use are largely very annoying, and very trashy. Does PF really need to advertise adult websites?

I've already blocked images from all the ad servers anyway.

- Warren

Physics news on Phys.org
Personally the google ads weren't generating anything.

There were adult banners??

I realized they are anoying, but they generate a few bucks a day which was more than google ads. Just turn images off or immediately scroll down. Most ads are decent though.

They may or may not stay. At this point I am just trying all options and experimenting.

I understand you've got to pay for servers, etc. somehow & ads are one way to do so but the ads that 'bounce' are really really annoying. Please keep looking for alternatives.

Keep the Ladbrokes.com ones Greg, they are advertising for the company i work for! good for business...

Related to Banner Ads: Google Ads Tasteful, PF's Trashy & Annoying

1. What are banner ads?

Banner ads are a form of online advertising that appears as a rectangular graphic on a webpage, usually at the top or side of the page. They are designed to attract the attention of website visitors and encourage them to click through to the advertiser's website.

2. What is Google Ads and how does it relate to banner ads?

Google Ads is an online advertising platform where advertisers can create and display banner ads on Google's search engine and partner websites. Google Ads allows advertisers to target specific audiences and track the performance of their banner ads.

3. What makes a banner ad tasteful?

A tasteful banner ad is visually appealing, relevant to the content of the webpage, and does not disrupt the user's experience. It should also have a clear call-to-action and avoid using excessive or obnoxious animations or sounds.

4. How are PF's banner ads different from Google Ads?

PF's banner ads refer to Pay-For-Performance ads, which means that advertisers only pay when a user clicks on their ad. This is different from Google Ads, which uses a pay-per-click model where advertisers pay every time their ad is clicked.

5. Why are some banner ads considered trashy and annoying?

Some banner ads may be considered trashy and annoying because they are poorly designed, irrelevant, or intrusive. They may also use clickbait tactics or contain misleading information, which can be frustrating for users. Additionally, some banner ads may appear too frequently or follow the user around the internet, making them feel bombarded and annoyed.