Bad Brain Habits: How to Change Them

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain
In summary, the conversation discusses whether the content is real or satire, and whether there should be a law against double negatives.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 9.36.37 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 9.36.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 9.36.37 AM.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 756
Likes OmCheeto, diogenesNY and S.G. Janssens
Physics news on Phys.org
BillTre said:
. ...u have to be kidding me ! HOW COULD IT TAKE SO LONG FOR PEOPLE TO REALISE THIS !
Pffff...Einstein knew this !

Likes OmCheeto
Hmmm. I'm not convinced it's not purposely written to appear completely uneducated.

Likes BillTre and russ_watters
I t
Drakkith said:
Hmmm. I'm not convinced it's not purposely written to appear completely uneducated.
I think its satire

Drakkith said:
If that's the case, it should have gone into a joke thread.

BillTre said:
Agreed...but maybe this is not just a joke maybe the uploader is assembleing a group of wise intelectuals like us to find out something...to uncovrr a secret so grave no one knows...i guess

Navin said:
. ...u have to be kidding me ! HOW COULD IT TAKE SO LONG FOR PEOPLE TO REALISE THIS !
Pffff...Einstein knew this !
:doh:

Drakkith said:
There should be a law, here, and I'm sure I've said it before, that there should not be allowed, more than a "double-negative", in a post, as they get my head spinning, wildly.

Wait! Negating the "nots", was not that difficult.

Drak-2_nots said:
Hmmm. I'm convinced it's purposely written to appear completely uneducated.

Never mind. That makes sense.
Ok. I'm off to take my nap now...
:sleep:

OmCheeto said:
There should be a law, here, and I'm sure I've said it before, that there should not be allowed, more than a "double-negative", in a post, as they get my head spinning, wildly.

Wait! Negating the "nots", was not that difficult.

I ain't never not paid attention to no 'double-negative' nonsense before! And I ain't startin' now!

Likes phinds and OmCheeto
Drakkith said:
I ain't never not paid attention to no 'double-negative' nonsense before! And I ain't startin' now!
No!

or Not No!

Drakkith said:
On the other hand, I have met some people who had some incredibly weird (including stupid) ideas.

I guess there is no way to distinguish between the two without more data.
Satire or Real?

BillTre said:
I guess there is no way to distinguish between the two without more data.
Satire or Real?

You better believe it. It's a bit like Poe's law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the parodied views.

Likes pinball1970, gmax137 and BillTre
OmCheeto said:

Remember the compuserve diskettes?
compuserve Instructions said:
If you don't want to not uninstall the current instance of cserv.exe, type "Yes" or "Y".

Likes Drakkith
BillTre said:
No need to, it just converted the present one! :rolleyes:

Likes BillTre
The author's name appears too real for this to be a joke.

Signed. I would also like to propose legislation to get rid of Mondays. In doing so, we wouldn't have to go to work after a good weekend.

Likes BillTre
Drakkith said:
You better believe it. It's a bit like Poe's law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law
Also confused by double by double negatives, (Alan Greenspan did a funny extension “ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”)POEs law talks about creationism as a good example and below is an illustration of that.Difficult to tell first viewing if they are serious or not.Same with the OP, I think it’s a joke (95% certain) perhaps the editor wasn’t sure?

Related to Bad Brain Habits: How to Change Them

1. What are some common bad brain habits?

Some common bad brain habits include procrastination, negative self-talk, multitasking, excessive screen time, and lack of sleep.

2. How do these bad brain habits affect our daily lives?

Bad brain habits can lead to decreased productivity, increased stress and anxiety, difficulty with decision making and problem solving, and negative impacts on physical and mental health.

3. Can bad brain habits be changed?

Yes, bad brain habits can be changed with conscious effort and dedication. The brain has neuroplasticity, meaning it can form new connections and adapt to new behaviors.

4. What are some strategies for changing bad brain habits?

Some strategies for changing bad brain habits include identifying the triggers or situations that lead to the habit, creating a plan and setting goals, finding alternative behaviors or activities to replace the habit, and seeking support from friends, family, or a therapist.

5. How long does it take to change a bad brain habit?

The time it takes to change a bad brain habit can vary depending on the individual and the habit itself. It typically takes at least 21 days of consistent effort to form a new habit, but it may take longer for more deeply ingrained habits.