Did PF wipe out old userswho didn't post?

• Thread starter On Radioactive Waves
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about the recent changes in servers and software for the website. Due to these changes, all members, both old and new, had to redo their membership. The conversation also mentioned the decline of another forum and one member's upcoming physics homework.
On Radioactive Waves
I think I posted once... maybe not. But I was registered, receiving the letter. Can someone clue me in on why I wasn't registered anymore? Was there a major makeover here?

Physics news on Phys.org
We recently changed servers?? Or was it just software??

Everyone old and new had to redo their membership.

Yes we changed and everyone had to re-do everything, you're right pauly man. Welcome waves!

thanks for the welcome... lethe filled me in on what had happened.

I think this will be my new home, since sciforums has majorly gone downhill.

well, i got behind in my physics homework, so I'm off to embark on a physics athon this weekend.

A big hello to everyone at the board!

1. Did PF intentionally wipe out old users who didn't post?

No, there is no evidence to suggest that PF intentionally wiped out old users who didn't post. It is more likely that their accounts were simply deactivated due to inactivity.

2. How many old users were affected by the supposed wipe out?

The exact number of old users affected by the supposed wipe out is unknown. However, it is likely a small percentage of the total user base.

3. Is it possible to recover the accounts of old users?

It depends on the specific circumstances and policies of PF. Some websites may have a process for recovering inactive accounts, while others may not. It is best to contact PF directly for more information.

4. Why would PF deactivate old accounts if they didn't post?

There could be multiple reasons for this, including server space, security, and maintaining an active user base. Additionally, if an account is inactive for a long period of time, it is possible that the user is no longer interested in the website and their account becomes irrelevant.

5. Is there any way to prevent my account from being deactivated due to inactivity?

Some websites have a feature that allows users to temporarily deactivate their accounts, rather than having them permanently deleted. However, the best way to prevent deactivation due to inactivity is to log in and post or engage with the website regularly.