Carrara 3D Basics: Reviews and Experiences

• Thread starter Dagenais
  • Start date
  • Tags
    3d Basics
In summary, the conversation is about different 3D design software options, particularly Carrara 3D Basics. One person has read a positive review but hasn't personally used it. They mention that it may lack features compared to other software like Maya and 3d Studio Max. Another person suggests trying POV-Ray, which is legally free, and provides a link to different frontends. The original person is looking for something simple and has tried Blender and Anim8tor, but found them to have difficult interfaces. They mention that learning the interface of Blender can be rewarding in the end and that it works well on their Mac, but they are still searching for a simpler option.
Dagenais
Have any of you used Carrara 3D Basics? I'm thinking about getting, it's suppose to be an easy to use, very well priced 3D design software that isn't short on features.

That's the description though. I've read one review that was positive, have you used it?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I haven't used it before, but I did a google search to see what the interface looks like. Personally, it lacks features, but if your just going to basic stuff that should be fine. I've always liked to use Maya and 3d Studio Max. The reason I like them more is that they have scripting ability and have a more advanced interface.

If your looking for something that's legally free you can try pov-ray:

http://www.povray.org/

Here are the frontends. Pick the one you like:

http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Programs/POV-Ray_Modelling_Programs/

I'm looking for something simple. I've tried Blender, and that was a pretty tough looking interface.

Anim8tor works, but it's Windows only.

I've taken a look at Pov-Ray...pretty cool.

Blender is just a mess. I don't know how anyone can figure out the interface.

I've heard that after you learn to interface, you'll find out that it's great and realize why every button is in the place that it is.

I've only heard great things about the interface (despite the learning curve).

And it works well on my Mac...

But I was looking for something simpler.

What is Carrara 3D Basics?

Carrara 3D Basics is a software program used for 3D modeling, animation, and rendering. It is designed for beginners and offers a user-friendly interface and a wide range of tools for creating 3D graphics.

Is Carrara 3D Basics easy to learn?

Many users find Carrara 3D Basics to be easy to learn, especially for those with no prior experience in 3D modeling. The program offers tutorials and a helpful community forum for beginners to get started.

What are the key features of Carrara 3D Basics?

Key features of Carrara 3D Basics include a customizable interface, a variety of modeling tools, animation capabilities, and advanced lighting and rendering options. It also has the ability to import and export files in various formats.

What are the system requirements for Carrara 3D Basics?

The minimum system requirements for Carrara 3D Basics are a 64-bit processor, 4GB of RAM, and 500 MB of free disk space. However, for optimal performance, it is recommended to have a faster processor, more RAM, and a dedicated graphics card.

What are some common reviews and experiences of Carrara 3D Basics?

Overall, users have positive reviews of Carrara 3D Basics, citing its user-friendly interface and powerful features. Some users have experienced occasional crashes or glitches, but these issues are often resolved with updates. Others have mentioned that the program can be slow when working with large and complex projects.