What new evidence has been discovered in the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident?

• Thread starter Jonathan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forest
In summary, there were two sites where the objects were seen by military personnel: one at the lighthouse, and one out of view. The new site is thought to be farther away from the lighthouse, eliminating the theory that the lights were responsible for the sightings. There were also "depressions" on the ground that were supposedly 12" in center to center, leading to the conclusion that the objects were not from Earth. One individual went under hypnosis and claimed he was held captive by aliens. Later documents revealed that a government group was involved in UFO investigations, which was not known at the time of the sightings.
Jonathan
I saw a show, UFO Invasion at Rendlesham at 9/8C on SciFi, and they came to these conclusions:
-There were two landing sites.
-the new one was out of the lighthouse's veiw, so the lighthouse theory is out.
-The depressions on the ground were supposed to be exactly 12ft center to center, leading to a theory that the craft/s were not ET
-There were fissionable materials or weapons stored at the base, that were not supposed to be there, they violated some treaty.
-One guy who's name I can't remember went under hyponotic regression, and said he was held captive by DS8 or C8, he wasn't sure. Some time later, documents were released naming a gov't group called DS8 as being involved with UFO investigations, and apparently this was not known to exist before.
http://www.scifi.com/rendlesham/

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I saw that too. What was the lighthouse theory?

The lighthouse theory was that the officers were probably drinking or stupid and couldn't tell the difference between a UFO and a blinking lighthouse. I have always hated that theory because Lt. Col. Charles Halts seemed like an honest man in the interveiws I saw and the whole theory is an attack on his and others credibility and honor. The stupid skeptic on the show, before they realized there were two different landing sites, even brought this up as being the most likely one, right to his face! And then (still before the two site realization) he insisted that he didn't mean to be offensive, that that's just how it seems to him.
This really made me mad because people say stupid things like that to me all the time, usually to the effect of 'Not to be mean, but (obvious insult)", and they truly believe that putting that 'not to be mean' part in front actually negates the insult.

Ah yes. Saying "but" before any statement usually negates the previous statement.

I agree. Dr. Phil says that "(something), but (something else)" is the same as "(something). Now forget that, here's what I really mean: (something else)".

Stealth prototype??

I used to live in Orford near Rendlesham but have only just taken an interest in the incident. Has any consideration been given to the possibility that these objects may have been some form of Stealth Aircraft being tested by the Military. I think at the time that the only stealth type aircraft in operation was the Blackbird being flown out of Mildenhall or Lakenheath. Development may have been underway for what we now know as the Stealth Bomber.

1. What is the Rendlesham forest incident?

The Rendlesham forest incident, also known as the "British Roswell", is an alleged UFO sighting that occurred in December 1980 in Rendlesham forest, England. It involved multiple witnesses, including military personnel, who reported seeing strange lights and a metallic object in the forest.

2. Has there been any recent updates on the Rendlesham forest incident?

Yes, there have been recent updates on the Rendlesham forest incident. In 2019, the British government released previously classified documents related to the incident, including witness statements and military reports. These documents have sparked renewed interest and speculation about what truly happened in Rendlesham forest.

3. What do the released documents reveal about the Rendlesham forest incident?

The released documents reveal that the British Ministry of Defence took the incident seriously and conducted an official investigation. The documents also contain witness accounts of strange lights and objects in the forest, as well as military personnel reporting encounters with the objects.

4. Is there any evidence to support the UFO theory in the Rendlesham forest incident?

There is no solid evidence to support the UFO theory in the Rendlesham forest incident. However, some witnesses claim to have seen and interacted with a triangular-shaped craft emitting strange lights and radiation. Some also reported seeing hieroglyphic-like symbols on the craft. These claims remain unverified and subject to speculation.

5. What other theories exist about the Rendlesham forest incident?

Aside from the UFO theory, there are other theories about the Rendlesham forest incident. Some suggest that it may have been a military exercise, a hoax, or even a natural phenomenon. However, there is no conclusive evidence to support any of these theories, and the true cause of the incident remains a mystery.

Back