Did You Ring in 2004 in Hong Kong?

• Thread starter KLscilevothma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Year
In summary, it is New Year's Day in 2004 and people all over the world are celebrating. Some are already into the new year while others are still catching up due to time differences. Environmental tips are shared and hangovers are mentioned. Overall, everyone is wishing each other a happy new year and looking forward to the year ahead.
KLscilevothma
Happy New Year 2004!

In Hong Kong, the time now is 01:19am, 1-1-2004 !
We just entered 2004 !

Happy New Year !

{I should have posted this message an hour ago, but I was chatting with friends}:wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
Yeap! Happy New Year! To you all!
And I? busy with exams again :(
But soon I'll back :)

Happy New Year!

{An environmental tip ..."copy/paste" this page for whatever/whenever day you think, or practise, as your New Year's day!)

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Happy New Year!
Cheater, it isn't your turn yet :wink:

Happy new year people! Just gone midnight here in the UK...

And it's 1h47min past 2004! Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone

This came 12 hours late, cause I'm suffering from a killer hangover...

Happy New Year

Same Here Bubonic Plague, I'm 12 hours late too :wink:

Unhappy New Year...

Originally posted by Monique
Cheater, ( ) it isn't your turn yet :wink:
It was a pre-greeting, (respectfull of the time differences hee hee... ) this is the post-greet...

Happy New Year's Day!

What is the significance of the year 2004?

The year 2004 is significant in many ways. It was a leap year, had 366 days instead of the usual 365. It also marked the beginning of the 21st century's 5th decade. In terms of history, 2004 saw the invasion of Iraq by the United States and its allies, as well as the Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami.

What technological advancements were made in 2004?

In 2004, several significant advancements were made in technology. Some notable examples include the launch of the first NASA rover on Mars, the first flights of the Airbus A380 and the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, and the release of the popular social networking site, Facebook.

What major scientific discoveries were made in 2004?

2004 was a year of significant scientific discoveries. Some of the most notable ones include the discovery of fossilized remains of the extinct hominin species Homo floresiensis, the discovery of a chemical element called "ununseptium," and the identification of a gene linked to breast cancer.

What major events happened in popular culture in 2004?

In 2004, many significant events happened in popular culture. Some noteworthy examples include the release of the first "Harry Potter" film, "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban," the launch of the popular video-sharing site, YouTube, and the death of legendary musician, Ray Charles.

What were the top news headlines in 2004?

The year 2004 saw many major news headlines, both national and international. Some of the top ones include the re-election of George W. Bush as the President of the United States, the Madrid train bombings, and the death of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.