-aux.10.since he orders custom tiles how many choices does he have

• MHB
  • Thread starter karush
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Choices
In summary, a tilesetter has 6 different stores where he buys tiles, each with 6 different sizes, 6 different surfaces, 6 different designs, and 6 different types of mortor to use. This results in 4500 possible choices for custom tiles. The fundamental theorem of counting was used to determine this number, taking into account the different options for each category. The original word problems may have been confusing due to multiple words for certain styles and types.
karush
Gold Member
MHB
A tilesetter has 6 different stores where he buys tiles
each store has 6 different sizes of tiles
of these sizes there are 6 different types surfaces
of these surfaces there are 6 different types of designs
and last there 6 different types of mortor to use

since he orders custom tiles how many choices does he have

I came up with 4500

but do not have the proper equation to do this thanks ahead

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
karush said:
A tilesetter has 6 different stores where he buys tiles
each store has 6 different sizes of tiles
of these sizes there are 6 different types surfaces
of these surfaces there are 6 different types of designs
and last there 6 different types of mortor to use
since he orders custom tiles how many choices does he have

I came up with 4500
QUESTION: Do any of the stores sell the same tiles?

I think that you need to explain in detail how you get that answer.

Plato said:
QUESTION: Do any of the stores sell the same tiles?

I think that you need to explain in detail how you get that answer.

I see your point the intention was each store sold a different brand

karush said:
I see your point the intention was each store sold a different brand
Well you should have made that clear to begin with.
Now, how did you arrive at 4500?

The "fundamental theorem of counting" says that if one event can happen in m ways and another can happen, independently, in n ways, then both can happen in m times n ways. In other words, because 6 stores he can choose from and each has 6 different kinds of files, there are 6(6)= 36 ways he can choose as store and a particular type of tile. As Plato asked, how did you arrive at 4500?

Re: possiblilities(solved)

sorry everyone. my OP should be 5x6x5x6x5 which equals 4500
not 6x6x6x6x6
the original word problems had all the styles and types spelled out some with mulitple words so easy to miscount
4500 was the book ans.
yes I promise to be much more carefull about OP

Last edited:
SSCtw.png

Related to -aux.10.since he orders custom tiles how many choices does he have

1. How does ordering custom tiles impact the number of choices available?

The number of choices available when ordering custom tiles can vary depending on the specific tile manufacturer and their available options. However, generally speaking, ordering custom tiles typically increases the number of choices available compared to pre-made tiles since the customer can choose specific colors, sizes, and designs.

2. Are there any limitations to the choices available when ordering custom tiles?

There may be limitations to the choices available when ordering custom tiles, depending on the manufacturer and their capabilities. For example, some manufacturers may not offer certain colors or sizes for custom tiles, or they may have a limited selection of designs to choose from.

3. Can the customer request a specific design for their custom tiles?

Yes, customers can often request a specific design for their custom tiles. However, this may incur additional costs and may also be subject to the manufacturer's capabilities. It is best to communicate with the manufacturer beforehand to ensure they can accommodate the requested design.

4. How long does it typically take to receive custom tiles after ordering?

The time it takes to receive custom tiles can vary depending on the manufacturer's production process and workload. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months for custom tiles to be produced and delivered. It is important to discuss the timeline with the manufacturer before placing an order.

5. Can the customer make changes to their custom tile order after it has been placed?

It is possible to make changes to a custom tile order after it has been placed, but it may not always be feasible. The manufacturer may have already started production, and changes may result in additional costs and extended delivery times. It is best to communicate any potential changes as soon as possible with the manufacturer to determine the best course of action.