Auto Logout Time Limit: Reduced to Almost Nothing

• Thread starter Bystander
  • Start date
In summary, the person experienced a login issue while browsing a forum. They were logged out and had to log back in, but this only seems to happen when they are deep in the menu. They suspect it may be an issue with their browser and are currently testing to see if they can recreate the problem.
Bystander
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Just went to nearly nothing.

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone else experiencing this? I just woke up, booted up the computer and was still logged in.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Anyone else experiencing this?
Nope.

Just caught it. In a forum, thread open, reading, got sidetracked, came back, swing cursor to check alert on another thread, "You must be logged into do that." Out in main forum, doesn't seem to be a problem.

Did you check the checkbox "stay logged in"? Technically it probably logs you in again once you are logged out, but it should help. If it does not help, you might have an issue with cookie handling.

Haven't had to do that for the most part. Go off, run errands, take a nap, and come back and everything's copacetic. Seems to happen when I'm "deeper" in the menu (not all the time). What provoked the post was that I was getting 15-30 seconds to put together a reply --- this reply, I'm dawdling with just to see if I can get it to bite. Could be my browser for all I know --- it's been getting a little weird off and on from "update" to "update." Here goes nuttin'.

Edit: and no problem.

Related to Auto Logout Time Limit: Reduced to Almost Nothing

1. What is "Auto Logout Time Limit: Reduced to Almost Nothing" and why is it important?

"Auto Logout Time Limit: Reduced to Almost Nothing" refers to a feature that automatically logs a user out of a system after a certain amount of inactivity. This feature is important for security purposes, as it helps prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information.

2. How does the "Auto Logout Time Limit" work?

The "Auto Logout Time Limit" works by tracking the amount of time a user is inactive on a system. Once the set time limit is reached, the user is automatically logged out of the system. This helps to ensure that sensitive information is not left unattended on a device and reduces the risk of unauthorized access.

3. What is the default time limit for "Auto Logout Time Limit: Reduced to Almost Nothing"?

The default time limit for "Auto Logout Time Limit: Reduced to Almost Nothing" may vary depending on the system or software being used. Generally, it is set to a short period of time, such as 5 or 10 minutes, to ensure maximum security.

4. Can the "Auto Logout Time Limit" be adjusted?

Yes, the "Auto Logout Time Limit" can usually be adjusted by the user or system administrator. In some cases, it may be a default setting that cannot be changed. It is important to follow the recommended time limit for optimal security.

5. What are the benefits of using the "Auto Logout Time Limit" feature?

The "Auto Logout Time Limit" feature offers several benefits, including increased security, protection against unauthorized access, and peace of mind that sensitive information is not left unattended. It also helps to reduce the risk of accidental or intentional data breaches by automatically logging out users after a set amount of inactivity.