Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Auto Capitalize first Letter in Thread Titles

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi everyone, :)

Being nitpicky perhaps, but I want to suggest that having some kinda mod (>>this<< one does but seems it's outdated) to make the first letter of thread titles capitalize automatically would be nice. :)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi Sudharka. One of my goals for the early part of this year is to go through our current add-ons and determine which of them are necessary and which are not. The thing is that every time we install something like a chat box, forms system or an auto-capitalize check, it adds a little bit more for our servers to do and can potentially slow down the site over time. I think forcing capitalization can be done through an SQL query periodically, which would be much better to do I think, but I'll have to check.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Hi Sudharka. One of my goals for the early part of this year is to go through our current add-ons and determine which of them are necessary and which are not. The thing is that every time we install something like a chat box, forms system or an auto-capitalize check, it adds a little bit more for our servers to do and can potentially slow down the site over time. I think forcing capitalization can be done through an SQL query periodically, which would be much better to do I think, but I'll have to check.
Hi Jameson, :)

I understand. This might not be necessary at all, but I just thought that it would give a nice look to every list of threads (such as search lists, new threads list etc). :)