Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Attaching images to POTW solutions

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I noticed a while back that when submitting a solution to a POTW, images cannot be attached, only linked to with a URL. This has presented no issues for me, as I simply upload to a free image uploading service, but I thought this may be something of which the administrators may be unaware and could be easily fixed.

If it is not easily addressed, then, as far as I am concerned, it is such a small issue with an easy workaround, that no more than a few minutes effort should be made. :D

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I noticed a while back that when submitting a solution to a POTW, images cannot be attached, only linked to with a URL. This has presented no issues for me, as I simply upload to a free image uploading service, but I thought this may be something of which the administrators may be unaware and could be easily fixed.

If it is not easily addressed, then, as far as I am concerned, it is such a small issue with an easy workaround, that no more than a few minutes effort should be made. :D
From what I can tell, there's no quick fix (or in fact, any fix) for this. The forms modification we use utilizes the vBulletin reply box, but it doesn't seem to support the feature which allows you to upload attachments.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
To expand on this a little, here are the options for choosing what kind of input field to use for a question:

Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 9.13.11 AM.png

The "field using vBulletin editor" is the option we have enabled for the POTW form but like Mark points out this doesn't allow uploading images. I will make a post about this on vbulletin.org to the mod author and see if something is possible.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
To expand on this a little, here are the options for choosing what kind of input field to use for a question:

View attachment 1625

The "field using vBulletin editor" is the option we have enabled for the POTW form but like Mark points out this doesn't allow uploading images. I will make a post about this on vbulletin.org to the mod author and see if something is possible.
It seems like the attach image option should be available, the same as any formatting options, symbols, etc., as are usually available in the regular editor window. Maybe if you tried using Custom or Section?

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I've marked this thread as solved, due to the contents of the announcement I made about some changes I've made to the POTW submission form (in particular, the fact that I stumbled across the option that enabled attachments).

EDIT: Thanks to anemone for pointing out permission restrictions when it came to using the manage attachments option at the bottom of the submission form. I've now marked this thread as unsolved until we really officially arrive at a conclusion for this matter.