AT commands, datacall, hyperterminal

• Thread starter K29
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of AT commands in Hyperterminal to establish a data connection on a Huawei modem. The person is experimenting with these commands and is unsure of what to do next. They reference using PPP to handle the networking aspect and suggest searching the internet for more information.
K29
Nor sure if this is the right subforum for this question. I think it will reach the right people.
Ive successfully used AT commands in Hyperterminal to establish a data connection on a Huawei modem. Why? Just experimenting.

Code:
at
OK
at+cops?
+COPS: 0,2,"65510",2
OK
at+csq
+CSQ: 4,99

OK
at+cgatt=1
OK
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet"
OK
at+cgdcont?
+CGDCONT: 1,"IP","internet","0.0.0.0",0,0

OK
at+cgact=1,1
OK
at+ceer
+CEER: No cause information available

My question is. "Now what?" What can I do with this? It doesn't seem to open a network connection that firefox can access, for example. I've done lots of google searching and on all the websites the examples stop at this point.

Technology news on Phys.org
Likes 1 person
Interesting. Thanks!

Related to AT commands, datacall, hyperterminal

What are AT commands?

AT commands are instructions used to control and communicate with a modem or other telecommunications device. They are used to initiate call connections, send and receive data, and perform other functions.

What is a datacall?

A datacall is a type of call made over a telecommunications network that is specifically for transmitting data, rather than voice. It is initiated using AT commands and can be used for tasks such as internet browsing, email, and file transfer.

How do I use AT commands in HyperTerminal?

To use AT commands in HyperTerminal, you first need to open the program and establish a connection with the device you want to communicate with. Then, you can enter AT commands into the HyperTerminal window and press Enter to send them to the device.

What is HyperTerminal used for?

HyperTerminal is a program that allows you to communicate with other devices, such as modems, routers, and serial devices, using a variety of protocols. It is commonly used for tasks such as troubleshooting, configuring devices, and sending AT commands.

Can I use AT commands with any modem?

No, not all modems support the use of AT commands. It is important to check the modem's documentation to see if it is compatible with AT commands before attempting to use them for communication.