Asymptotic expansion on 3 nonlinear ordinary differential equations

In summary, the conversation discussed using asymptotic expansion to solve 3 nonlinear differential equations. The equations were expanded up to first order in $\epsilon$, resulting in 6 approximate differential equations. Even though terms of higher order in $\epsilon$ may not contribute significantly to the overall solution, they are still present in the equations and cannot be ignored. Therefore, there is no need to go further up to second order in $\epsilon$ to find the term $\frac{dc_1}{dt}$.
ra_forever8
The 3 nonlinear differential equations are as follows
\begin{equation}
\epsilon \frac{dc}{dt}=\alpha I + \ c (-K_F - K_D-K_N s-K_P(1-q)), \nonumber
\end{equation}
\begin{equation}
\frac{ds}{dt}= \lambda_b P_C \ \epsilon \ c (1-s)- \lambda_r (1-q) \ s, \nonumber
\end{equation}
\begin{equation}
\frac{dq}{dt}= K_P (1-q) \frac{P_C}{P_Q} \ \ c - \gamma \ q, \nonumber
\end{equation}
I want to use asymptotic expansion on $c, s$ and $q$.
And values of parameters are: $K_F = 6.7 \times 10^{-2},$ $K_N = 6.03 \times 10^{-1}$$K_P = 2.92 \times 10^{-2}$,$K_D = 4.94 \times 10^{-2}$,$\lambda_b= 0.0087$,$I=1200$$P_C = 3 \times 10^{11}$ $P_Q = 2.304 \times 10^{9}$$\gamma=2.74 $$\lambda_{b}=0.0087 $$\lambda_{r}= 835$ $\alpha=1.14437 \times 10^{-3}$For initial conditions:\begin{equation}
c_0(0)= c(0) = 0.25 \nonumber
\end{equation}
\begin{equation}
s_0(0)= cs(0) = 0.02 \nonumber \nonumber
\end{equation}
\begin{equation}
q_0(0)=q(0) = 0.98 \nonumber \nonumber
\end{equation}
and
\begin{equation}
c_i(0)= 0, \ i>0\nonumber
\end{equation}
\begin{equation}
s_i(0)= 0, \ i>0 \nonumber \nonumber
\end{equation}
\begin{equation}
q_i(0)=0, i>0. \nonumber \nonumber
\end{equation}=> i started with the expansions :
\begin{equation}
c= c_0+ \epsilon c_1 + \epsilon^2 c_2+... \nonumber
\end{equation}
\begin{equation}
s= s_0+ \epsilon s_1 + \epsilon^2 s_2+... \nonumber
\end{equation}
\begin{equation}
q= q_0+ \epsilon q_1 + \epsilon^2 q_2+... \nonumber
\end{equation}
we are only interseted in up to fisrt power of $\epsilon$.
so, we should get total 6 approximate differential equations to get answer for
$\frac{dc_0}{dt}, \frac{ds_0}{dt}, \frac{dq_0}{dt}, \frac{dc_1}{dt}, \frac{ds_1}{dt}$ and $\frac{dq_1}{dt}$but i think $\frac{dc_1}{dt}$ will disappear while expanding and equating the up to first power of $\epsilon$, do i need to go further up to $\epsilon{^2}$ because $\frac{dc_1}{dt}$ is very important to find and we need 6 approximate differetial equations in total. what can i do? please some one help me.

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Thank you for sharing your question on the 3 nonlinear differential equations. It seems like you are on the right track with your approach to using asymptotic expansion to solve these equations. I understand your concern about $\frac{dc_1}{dt}$ disappearing during the expansion process, but rest assured that it will not be lost. Let me explain why.

When we use asymptotic expansion, we are essentially breaking down a complex equation into simpler ones by assuming that one of the variables is much smaller (in this case, $\epsilon$) compared to the others. This allows us to ignore higher order terms and focus on the leading order terms. However, this does not mean that the higher order terms are not important or do not exist. They are still there, but their contribution to the overall solution is relatively small compared to the leading order terms.

In your case, when you expand the equations up to first order in $\epsilon$, you will indeed get 6 approximate differential equations. However, these equations will also contain terms that are of higher order in $\epsilon$, including $\frac{dc_1}{dt}$. These terms may not contribute significantly to the overall solution, but they are still present and cannot be ignored.

So, to answer your question, you do not need to go further up to second order in $\epsilon$ to find $\frac{dc_1}{dt}$. It will still be present in the first order equations, and you can solve for it by equating the coefficients of $\epsilon$ on both sides of the equations.

I hope this helps clarify your doubts. Good luck with your problem!

Related to Asymptotic expansion on 3 nonlinear ordinary differential equations

1. What is an asymptotic expansion?

An asymptotic expansion is a mathematical technique used to approximate the behavior of a function as its input approaches a particular point or value. It involves representing the function as a series of terms, where each term becomes increasingly smaller as the input gets closer to the specific point or value.

2. What are nonlinear ordinary differential equations?

Nonlinear ordinary differential equations are a type of mathematical model that describe the relationship between a function and its derivatives. Unlike linear equations, they cannot be expressed in the form of a simple sum of terms and cannot be solved using standard methods.

3. How are asymptotic expansions used in the context of nonlinear ordinary differential equations?

Asymptotic expansions can be used to approximate the solutions of nonlinear ordinary differential equations, which may be difficult or impossible to solve exactly. By using a series of terms to represent the solution, we can find an approximate solution that becomes increasingly accurate as the input approaches a specific point or value.

4. What are some applications of asymptotic expansions on 3 nonlinear ordinary differential equations?

Asymptotic expansions on 3 nonlinear ordinary differential equations are commonly used in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics to model complex systems and make predictions about their behavior. They can also be used to analyze the stability of solutions and to study the long-term behavior of dynamic systems.

5. What are some challenges associated with using asymptotic expansions on 3 nonlinear ordinary differential equations?

One challenge is determining the appropriate number of terms to include in the expansion in order to balance accuracy and complexity. Another challenge is identifying the specific point or value towards which the input is approaching, as this can significantly affect the accuracy of the expansion. Additionally, interpreting the results of an asymptotic expansion may require advanced mathematical knowledge and expertise.