(ask) Novel or Science Book In Electronics

In summary: Thank you for your recommendation in Jim Williams, even though it's not what I'm looking but you are clearly understood what my point is.I think it's because nobody could make it sensational about electric design. The history about how heat sensor are basically made from characteristic of a diode regarding temperature or how the past engineer using timer555 before micro controller era comes (cmiiw) is really fascinate me. This is pretty good (though the technology is a bit out of date now).
oneitusatu
hi guys,

have you ever read any science book which have stories involving electronics or semiconductor?
i mean not a textbook,

maybe similar to Brief History of time by Stephen Hawking or Elegant Universe by Brian Greene which is fun to read without advance knowledge in Physics

do you have any recommendation, anyone?

Physics news on Phys.org
Usually electronics is much easier than those said subjects and also involve less miraculous events. Thus nobody tried to sensationalize it the way advanced physics was.

From my memories, I can remember three books which also include little stories beside the subject.
the art and science of analog circuit design by jim williams
analog circuit design art science and personalities by jim williams
ic mask design essential layout techniques by christopher saint judy saint

Kholdstare said:
Usually electronics is much easier than those said subjects and also involve less miraculous events. Thus nobody tried to sensationalize it the way advanced physics was.

From my memories, I can remember three books which also include little stories beside the subject.
the art and science of analog circuit design by jim williams
analog circuit design art science and personalities by jim williams
ic mask design essential layout techniques by christopher saint judy saint

thank you for your recommendation in Jim Williams, even though it's not what I'm looking but you are clearly understood what my point is

i think it's because nobody could make it sensational about electric design.
the history about how heat sensor are basically made from characteristic of a diode regarding temperature or how the past engineer using timer555 before micro controller era comes (cmiiw)
it's really fascinate me.

You might be interested to hear about George A. Philbrick and his OPAMP research.
http://www.philbrickarchive.org/

also check out the list in "Philbrick Hall of Fame".

Related to (ask) Novel or Science Book In Electronics

1. What is the difference between a novel and a science book in electronics?

A novel is a fictional story that often explores human experiences and emotions, while a science book in electronics is a non-fictional book that presents information and facts related to electronics and technology. While novels may use elements of science and technology in their storytelling, they are not meant to serve as educational resources like science books in electronics.

2. What topics are typically covered in a science book in electronics?

Science books in electronics cover a wide range of topics related to electronics and technology, such as basic principles of electricity and circuits, electronic components and their functions, digital and analog systems, computer hardware and software, telecommunications, and emerging technologies like artificial intelligence and robotics.

3. Are science books in electronics suitable for beginners or only for those with a background in science or engineering?

Science books in electronics can be suitable for both beginners and those with a background in science or engineering. There are books available for different levels of expertise, from introductory books for beginners to more advanced texts for experienced readers. It is important to choose a book that aligns with your current knowledge and understanding of electronics.

4. Can science books in electronics be used for self-study or are they primarily meant for classroom use?

Science books in electronics can be used for both self-study and in a classroom setting. Many books are designed for self-study and include exercises and activities to enhance learning. However, they can also be used in a classroom as supplemental materials or as the main textbook for a course.

5. How can I determine if a science book in electronics is credible and reliable?

To determine the credibility and reliability of a science book in electronics, you can look at the author's qualifications and expertise in the field, the publisher's reputation, and reviews from other readers or experts in the field. It is also important to check for references and sources cited in the book to ensure it is based on accurate and up-to-date information.