Welcome Aboard! New Member Here.

In summary, the conversation is between a new member named fishys182 and other forum members who are welcoming them. Fishys182 explains that they have been on the forum before but haven't been active since signing up. They are excited to learn and help others on various topics, especially math, science, and philosophy. There is some playful banter about whether fishys182 is a real fish or not. The conversation ends with a welcome to the forum and a comment about how it is a great addiction to have.
fishys182
hi.. I am new. well, actually i signed up for this thing a few months ago back when i was in calc class... i was searching for math help on google and found a problem similar to the one i had a question on here... i signed up and havnet been here since. i think i can learn a lot from these fora, maybe help people too. it also seems like a fun place to be. so hello eveyone!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello fishys182 !

I don't know about anyone else, but I find there's something fishy about this new member. You're not a weird, purple jellyfish trying to infiltrate the forum are you?

hio fishy!

Hiya fishy! You wouldn't by any chance happen to be a babel fish, would you? Cause if you were, then you could really help me out in german class :rolleyes:

* Chen pokes fishys182

Hullo!

lol you guys are very welcoming! anyway, no i don't think I am a purple jelly fish.. if i were some sort of water creature i would be.. well.. a goldfish
and no... I am not a babel fish.. that would rock though. hmm anyway, thanks for the welcomes

Are you a large trout? :eek:

welcome to pf

So the plural of forum is fora... that's my new thing learned today, thanks fishy, you are welcome now. As long as you arent halibut.

lol.. poor hailbuts and trouts... i think they both are cute fish... hmm anyway... thanks for more welcomings!

something fishy is going on here...

WELCOME TO THE FORA!
physics forums is a wonderful addiction to have.

i was excited to see that there is so many diff places to go here.. like math, science, and philosophy. i want to help kids with their homework too.. if i remember anything.

1. What is "Welcome Aboard! New Member Here."?

"Welcome Aboard! New Member Here." is a greeting message commonly used to welcome new members to a group or community.

2. Who typically uses "Welcome Aboard! New Member Here."?

This phrase is often used by individuals or organizations in online or physical communities, such as clubs, teams, social media groups, or workplaces, to welcome new members.

3. Is "Welcome Aboard! New Member Here." only used for new members?

While the phrase is primarily used to welcome new members, it can also be used to welcome back returning members or to greet visitors to a group or community.

4. How can I respond to "Welcome Aboard! New Member Here."?

You can respond by saying "Thank you for the warm welcome" or by introducing yourself and expressing your excitement to be a part of the group.

5. Is "Welcome Aboard! New Member Here." a formal or informal greeting?

The formality of this greeting can vary based on the context and the relationship between the sender and recipient. It can be used in both formal and informal settings, but it is generally considered a friendly and welcoming greeting.