Israeli Troops Kill 4-Year-Old -Witnesses

• News
  • Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
In summary, a four-year-old Palestinian girl was killed in a Gaza refugee camp where Israeli troops are conducting raids against militants. At the same time, a suicide bomber exploded at a West Bank checkpoint. This event highlights the ongoing conflict between Israel and Palestine, with accusations of violence and human rights abuses on both sides.
Adam
RAFAH, Gaza Strip (Reuters) - A four-year-old Palestinian girl was shot dead on Saturday in a Gaza refugee camp where Israeli troops are mounting raids against militants and a suicide bomber exploded at a West Bank checkpoint.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=5225572
This reminds me of an interview I saw once. A reporter had film of the IDF shooting an 89 year old woman, killing her. He went to an IDF officer for comments, and explained that he had film there of an 89 year old woman walking into a hospital for treatment, and being shot right outside the front door by IDF personnel. The Israeli officer refused to view the tape, and simply said "It never happened. We don't shoot civilians."

Physics news on Phys.org
It reminds me of further slanted reuters headlines and the not so far in the past incident of an israeli shooting a palestinian that ended up being a palestinian shot by a palestinian "militant". I'll hold judgement until all the facts are in, thanx.

http://web.amnesty.org/report2003/isr-summary-eng

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What happened to the 4-year-old child?

The 4-year-old child was killed during a military operation conducted by Israeli troops in a Palestinian village.

2. What were the witnesses' accounts of the incident?

According to witnesses, the child was playing in the courtyard of his home when he was struck by a bullet fired by Israeli soldiers. They claim that the soldiers were aiming at Palestinian militants in the area.

3. Were there any other casualties during the operation?

Yes, there were reports of several other Palestinian civilians being injured during the military operation.

4. Has there been any response from the Israeli government regarding this incident?

The Israeli government has stated that they are investigating the incident and have expressed regret for any harm caused to innocent civilians.

5. How has the international community reacted to this incident?

The incident has sparked outrage and condemnation from various international organizations and human rights groups. Many have called for an independent investigation into the actions of the Israeli troops.