Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TiKZ arrows on a line

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
How can I add a couple arrows on this line?
Code:
\draw (3.14,-3.14) -- (3.14,3.14

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
How can I add a couple arrows on this line?
Code:
\draw (3.14,-3.14) -- (3.14,3.14
This will do I guess,

Code:
\draw [<->](3.14,-3.14) -- (3.14,3.14);

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Code:
^
|
^
|
I am looking for something like this.
Then the following may help.

Code:
\draw [->>](3.14,-3.14) -- (3.14,3.14);

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
There is a drawing editor called Ipe extensible drawing editor which can be used to include figures in LaTeX documents. I am using this for a long time now and I find it quite handy. Since I saw a couple of threads made by you regarding drawing figures in LaTeX, thought you might be interested in this. :)

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
[->>] produced the arrow heads right behind each other. Is there a way to put arrows at 1/3 intervals on the line?

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
There is a drawing editor called Ipe extensible drawing editor which can be used to include figures in LaTeX documents. I am using this for a long time now and I find it quite handy. Since I saw a couple of threads made by you regarding drawing figures in LaTeX, thought you might be interested in this. :)
So I downloaded 7.0.1 but it says I need the 7.0.0 directories. Where do I get those at? How do I set it up once I have everything?

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012
[->>] produced the arrow heads right behind each other. Is there a way to put arrows at 1/3 intervals on the line?
The code

Code:
 \usetikzlibrary{decorations.markings}
  \begin{tikzpicture}
 \draw[decoration={

markings,% switch on markings

mark=at position .66 with {\arrow{>}},

mark=at position 1 with {\arrow{>}}},

postaction={decorate}] (0,0) -- (0,1);

\end{tikzpicture}
produces this:

double-arrow.png

The option decoration can be given to the environments tikzpicture or scope instead of individual draw commands. Then you can use the postaction={decorate} option only in certain draw commands.

For more information, see section 30.5 and in in particular 30.5.1 on p. 331 of TikZ manual v. 2.10.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
So I downloaded 7.0.1 but it says I need the 7.0.0 directories. Where do I get those at? How do I set it up once I have everything?
Please unzip the zip file you have downloaded and read the read-me file in it. There you will find that you need a file called, ipe-7.0.0-dependencies-win.zip. That can be downloaded >>here<<. Proceed as the read-me file instructs.

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
Please unzip the zip file you have downloaded and read the read-me file in it. There you will find that you need a file called, ipe-7.0.0-dependencies-win.zip. That can be downloaded >>here<<. Proceed as the read-me file instructs.
Where do I save the files? How do I tell Winedt to interact with it?

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Where do I save the files? How do I tell Winedt to interact with it?
Did you do what the read-me tells? Just unzip the "ipe-7.0.0-dependencies-win.zip" to the previously unzipped Ipe folder(where the read-me file lies). Then go to ipe-7.0.10-win--> ipe-7.0.10--> bin-- >ipe