Argonne Undergraduate Summer 2007 Internship

In summary, the deadline for application for the summer internship at Argonne National Laboratory or any DOE lab is Feb. 1, 2007. There is a separate program called Argonne Student Research Participation Program that requires direct application to Argonne and not through the DOE webpage. Interested applicants who have been accepted for this or any other programs at Argonne can contact the speaker for assistance or to visit the accelerator facility. Current college seniors intending to graduate in the spring are eligible to apply.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Deadline for application: Feb. 1, 2007

If you are interested and eligible to apply for a summer internship at Argonne National laboratory, or any DOE lab, please note that the deadline for application is Feb. 1, 2007.

http://www.dep.anl.gov/p_undergrad/summer.htm

Note that in the webpage, there is a separate program called Argonne Student Research Participation Program that you apply directly to Argonne and not the DOE webpage.

If you have been accepted for this, or any other programs at Argonne, please don't hesitate to contact me, especially if you need to know your way around, or even to come visit me here at our accelerator facility.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
can current college seniors who intend to graduate in the spring apply?

I highly recommend students to apply for the Argonne Undergraduate Summer 2007 Internship. This is a valuable opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience in a renowned national laboratory and work on cutting-edge research projects. The deadline for application is Feb. 1, 2007, so I encourage interested students to apply soon.

It is important to note that there is a separate program called Argonne Student Research Participation Program, which requires direct application to Argonne rather than the DOE webpage. If accepted, I would be happy to assist students in getting acquainted with the laboratory and even offer a tour of our accelerator facility. This internship is a great opportunity for students to enhance their skills and knowledge in their field of interest and I highly encourage them to take advantage of it.

Related to Argonne Undergraduate Summer 2007 Internship

1. What is the Argonne Undergraduate Summer 2007 Internship?

The Argonne Undergraduate Summer 2007 Internship is a program offered by the Argonne National Laboratory, a research institution operated by the University of Chicago for the United States Department of Energy. The internship provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to participate in hands-on research and development projects in various scientific fields, including physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, and more.

2. How long is the internship?

The Argonne Undergraduate Summer 2007 Internship runs for 10 weeks, typically from early June to mid-August. During this time, interns will work full-time on their assigned research projects.

3. Who is eligible for the internship?

The internship is open to undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in a degree program at a college or university and have completed at least one year of coursework in a relevant scientific field. Applicants must also be at least 18 years old and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. International students are welcome to apply, but they must have a valid student visa and be able to work in the United States for the duration of the internship.

4. Is the internship paid?

Yes, the internship is a paid opportunity. Interns will receive a stipend for their participation in the program, with the amount varying depending on the student's level of education and the specific research project they are assigned to.

5. How can I apply for the Argonne Undergraduate Summer 2007 Internship?

Interested students can apply for the internship through the Argonne National Laboratory's website. The application typically opens in January and closes in early March. Applicants will need to submit a resume, official transcripts, two letters of recommendation, and a personal statement outlining their interest in the program and relevant skills and experiences. Selected candidates will be notified by mid-April.