Conspiracy? i think 'they' exist here too

• Thread starter cmdr_sponge
  • Start date
  • Tags
    conspiracy
In summary, users on the Physics Forums have noticed that posts have been disappearing from threads and suspect that 'they' - likely the administrators or moderators - are deleting them in an attempt to control the discussions. This raises concerns about freedom of speech on the forum. Some users joke about the possibility of being gassed or controlled by dictators, while others argue that the off-topic posts are being deleted for a reason. Ultimately, the conversation shifts from discussing the conspiracy to debating what is considered off-topic and who has the power to control speech on the forum.
cmdr_sponge
Conspiracy?? i think 'they' exist here too

threads can be blocked but posts deleted, never, who could do that?

thats right pf users, posts have been goin missing in threads. 'they', in what is probably a vein attempt to keep the pittiful squablings of 'them' (us) in check, have been deleting posts. of corse the evidence for this is sketchy, and only through self observation is it evident.

i feel i must bring this to your attention, as we all have a fundamental right to freedom of speach (even if most of us don't know how to use it properly), but in doing so i fear for my continued membership of this forum, and, god forbid, my life. i understand that some of u may not want to air your experiances for the same reason but never fear, strike me down and i will become more powerfull than u could ever imagine...

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh my God someone else has noticed this! i thought i was the only one, maybe they are taking over?

they are not taking over. they are here. they will never be over

(in a hushed, dramatic voice)...even as we sit here now, they are all around us... waiting to strike...

who knows? even i could be one of them.

maybe i am and this is just a diversion...from the truth

the real question is how long will this thread last?

Originally posted by cmdr_sponge
the real question is how long will this thread last?

no the real question is: how long will this thread last?

thats what i meant

From the PF Guidelines:

"Any off-topic posts will be deleted or moved to an approprite forum as per administrator & moderator discretion."

"The owners and mentors of Physics Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Does that answer your questions?

"The owners and mentors of Physics Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Yea Ok agree with that but,

"Any off-topic posts will be deleted or moved to an approprite forum as per administrator & moderator discretion."

What do you classify as Off-topic?

i feel i must bring this to your attention, as we all have a fundamental right to freedom of speach
Not in a privately owned website. :)

So if i ha the money to buy a small country could i legally or morally take away their right for freedom of speech?

watch out u may have stubled across rupert murdoc's sinister plan

threads can be blocked but posts deleted, never, who could do that?

thats right pf users, posts have been goin missing in threads. 'they', in what is probably a vein attempt to keep the pittiful squablings of 'them' (us) in check, have been deleting posts. of corse the evidence for this is sketchy, and only through self observation is it evident.

i feel i must bring this to your attention, as we all have a fundamental right to freedom of speach (even if most of us don't know how to use it properly), but in doing so i fear for my continued membership of this forum, and, god forbid, my life. i understand that some of u may not want to air your experiances for the same reason but never fear, strike me down and i will become more powerfull than u could ever imagine...

It's called censorship. Those in power seek to obtain the power for the sole purpose of using the power for means which provide them positive feelings.

no that's religion (a form of censorship)

Originally posted by Andy
So if i ha the money to buy a small country could i legally or morally take away their right for freedom of speech?

Yeah, but who would move there?

I don't think anyone would move there, but i wouldn't let anyone move out.

Originally posted by Andy
I don't think anyone would move there, but i wouldn't let anyone move out.

Well, that's more than a free speech issue, isn't it?

Yea ok, but if the people living there are very poor they wouldn't be able to move away.

they also wouldn't be able to pay taxes.

all the best dictators started out good, gave the people what they wanted and then gassed a few peeps

they also wouldn't be able to pay taxes.

all the best dictators started out good, gave the people what they wanted and then gassed a few peeps

Yeah, and this is a perfect example of a post that gets deleted for being off-topic!

Hello andy n paul...so...as far as i read, the administrators of physics-forums are evil religious dictators who control a small island where the people can't pay tax to keep their 'threads of free speech' going so they are gassed to keep the rest of the population in check...oh heck...well lucky I am not on this island...but then again i could be one of the evil gassing religious dictators if it wasnt for the fact that i have as much knowledge of the internet as a fish has knowledge of the moon.

yes but what if the moon was made by the fish and then given to humans as a present; after which we betrayed the fish and banished them to the sea, helping our dolphin friends to survive and prosper?

why else would we keep goldfish as pets and not gold dolphins. i know some one who has a gold dolphin. she wears it round her neck.

the fish made the island the dolphins made the gass and we are all dictators

Thats so far off topic i think it should be in the philosophy forum or something!

its not off topic don't be silly becasuse if you think about it THEY don't exist ARE you crazy you have been WATCHING too many sci fi movies you shoudl stop confusing US

coperate crack weasel

i think 'The Grimmus' (if that is his real name) is jealous cos he doesn't understand the seriousness of the situation... maybe if he was captured by a religious evil dictator fish he would learn the danger of putting threads on this page... and surely HE would HAVE to WATCH all THESE 'sci-fi' PROGRAMMES to KNOW what WE are GOING on ABOUT!

who's the bigger loser now...lol

Judging by your posts you are both equally losers! and will both be killed by the fish.

1. What is a conspiracy theory?

A conspiracy theory is a belief or idea that a group of people or an organization is secretly and deliberately working together to cause a specific outcome or event. These theories often involve suspicion, mistrust, and speculation about powerful individuals or institutions.

2. Why do people believe in conspiracy theories?

There are many reasons why people may believe in conspiracy theories. Some people may feel a lack of control over their lives and turn to conspiracy theories as a way to make sense of the world. Others may have a deep mistrust of authority or a desire to feel special and "in the know." Additionally, the spread of misinformation and manipulation of information can also contribute to the belief in conspiracy theories.

3. Are all conspiracy theories false?

No, not all conspiracy theories are false. While many have been debunked and proven to be untrue, there have been instances where conspiracy theories have turned out to be true. However, the majority of conspiracy theories lack solid evidence and rely on speculation and conjecture, making them difficult to prove or disprove.

4. Is it harmful to believe in conspiracy theories?

Believing in conspiracy theories can potentially be harmful, both to individuals and society as a whole. It can lead to distrust and paranoia, which can damage relationships and hinder critical thinking skills. In extreme cases, belief in conspiracy theories can also lead to violence and harm towards others.

5. What should I do if I encounter someone who believes in conspiracy theories?

If you encounter someone who believes in conspiracy theories, it is important to approach the situation with empathy and understanding. Engage in respectful dialogue and try to understand their perspective. It may also be helpful to provide them with factual information and encourage them to critically evaluate their sources. However, it is important to remember that some people may be unwilling to change their beliefs, and it is not your responsibility to convince them otherwise.