Area of Circle O: Calculate Here

In summary, the formula for calculating the area of a circle is A = πr², where A is the area and r is the radius of the circle. If you only know the diameter of the circle, you can divide it by 2 to find the radius and then use the formula A = πr². The value of pi is a constant and cannot be changed, with the most commonly used value being 3.14. To find the area of a circle with a given circumference, you can use the formula A = (C² / 4π), where A is the area and C is the circumference. The unit for measuring the area of a circle is typically square units, such as square centimeters or square inches
Albert1

Attachments

• area of circle O.jpg
    area of circle O.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 67
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Albert said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/1809

Hello.

[tex]\overline{DP}=\dfrac{3*12}{4}=9[/tex]

[tex]\overline{O \overline{ab}}=6.5-4=2.5[/tex]

[tex]\overline{OA}=\sqrt{(7.5)^2+(2.5)^2}[/tex]

[tex]area=62.5 \pi[/tex]

Regards.

yes,you answer is correct (Clapping)

Related to Area of Circle O: Calculate Here

1. What is the formula for calculating the area of a circle?

The formula for calculating the area of a circle is A = πr², where A is the area and r is the radius of the circle.

2. How do I calculate the area of a circle if I only know the diameter?

If you only know the diameter of the circle, you can first divide it by 2 to find the radius. Then, use the formula A = πr² to calculate the area.

3. Can I use any value for pi when calculating the area of a circle?

No, the value of pi is a constant and cannot be changed. The most commonly used value for pi is 3.14, but for more precise calculations, you can use more digits such as 3.14159265359.

4. How do I find the area of a circle with a circumference of 10?

To find the area of a circle with a given circumference, you can use the formula A = (C² / 4π), where A is the area and C is the circumference. In this case, A = (10² / 4π) = 7.9577 units squared.

5. Is there a specific unit for measuring the area of a circle?

The area of a circle is typically measured in square units, such as square centimeters (cm²) or square inches (in²). The unit used will depend on the unit of measurement for the radius or diameter of the circle.