Are there bosons for the quantum potential field?

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between the wave function field and QFT fields in the context of quantum potential concept in Bohmian mechanics. The conversation also touches on the possibility of a field, called the Collapser Field, interacting with the double slit experiment and the implications for modeling it in terms of QM or QFT. The conversation concludes with a mention of the personal theory and speculation rule and the closure of the thread.
cube137
In quantum potential concept in Bohmian mechanics or others where the wave function exist ontologically, do they have their corresponding field and bosons (since the wave function is real hence should act like a field like the Higgs field or electromagnetic, strong field?)

The answer seems to be not because i don't read anyone looking for the quantum potential bosons. But why is it not related? It's as if the wave function field and QFT fields are separate concept? What mathematical terms or axioms prove they are separate and even a real wave function can never have a field?

Physics news on Phys.org
Let me rephrase my questions. After decoherence, there is one outcome. Decoherence itself doesn't pick any outcome. So we can say all branches exist. But then is it possible it can interact with a degree of freedom (some kind of field) that collapse all branches making a single outcome? I'm just asking if this is theoretically possible (Im NOT putting my own theory.. take note of that Mentors). Or can't the wave functions interact with any field to make it collapse (or choose single outcome). If this latter is so. What is the theorem or axiom that gives a rule for this. This is what I was trying to inquire. Hope someone can give some insight into this. Thanks.

cube137 said:
So we can say all branches exist.
Then you get MWI.
cube137 said:
But then is it possible it can interact with a degree of freedom (some kind of field) that collapse all branches making a single outcome?
Then you get mangled worlds - very speculative and not a full theory at the moment.

mfb said:
Then you get MWI.
Then you get mangled worlds - very speculative and not a full theory at the moment.

I was asking whether a wave function in QM can interact with field.. but then.. perhaps one must use pure QFT to model selection of single outcome (mixed state) instead of pure QM? But density matrix is written in QM language (not QFT). So what mathematic language must you use if you want pure QM and the selection of single outcome by interacting with fields?

Introductory QM with wave functions and Schrödinger equation is limited to the nonrelativistic case, you can't get QFT out of it. One of the issues with Bohmian mechanics.

mfb said:
Introductory QM with wave functions and Schrödinger equation is limited to the nonrelativistic case, you can't get QFT out of it. One of the issues with Bohmian mechanics.

In the standard nonrelativistic Bohmian mechanics then, you can never make the quantum potential be some kind of field because quantum potential knows no field? What is the then the QFT version of quantum potential? Just the basic.

What do you mean by "quantum potential"?

cube137 said:
In quantum potential concept in Bohmian mechanics or others where the wave function exist ontologically, do they have their corresponding field and bosons (since the wave function is real hence should act like a field like the Higgs field or electromagnetic, strong field?)

The answer seems to be not because i don't read anyone looking for the quantum potential bosons. But why is it not related? It's as if the wave function field and QFT fields are separate concept? What mathematical terms or axioms prove they are separate and even a real wave function can never have a field?
This may help
http://arxiv.org/abs/0904.2287

Demystifier said:

It helps a little (mfb, quantum potential concept can be found in the above paper).

But my question is this. Supposed in double slit photon experiment, there is an ambient field like the Higgs field that can collapse wave function and make it choose which branch to appear. Let's say this field was called Collapser Field. What i'd like to know is thus: the double slit experiment is modeled as Quantum Mechanics.. the Collapser Field is modeled as QFT.. how could QFT interact with QM in this case? You can rename the Collapser Field as just photons if you want to think in the box and can't imagine what I'm saying above and just add those decoherences.. but just the same as the photons and light in terms of QED hit the double slit experiment modeled as QM.. do you have to make the double slit as a QFT to make it interact with a field that is QFT? or do you have to model the photons (or collapser field) as QM to make it interact with the double slit as QM?

cube137 said:
Supposed in double slit photon experiment, there is an...Let's say this field was called... You can ... if you want to think in the box and can't imagine what I'm saying above a...
OK, we're on the wrong side of the personal theory and speculation rule here. Get it peer-reviewed and published and it belongs here, but until then this thread is closed.

Related to Are there bosons for the quantum potential field?

1. What are bosons in the context of quantum physics?

Bosons are a type of subatomic particle that follows Bose-Einstein statistics, which means they can occupy the same quantum state as other bosons. They are carriers of fundamental forces, such as photons for electromagnetic force and gluons for strong nuclear force.

2. Is there evidence for the existence of bosons in the quantum potential field?

There is currently no direct evidence for the existence of bosons in the quantum potential field. However, the quantum potential field is a theoretical concept used to explain the behavior of particles in quantum mechanics, and bosons are a fundamental part of this theory.

3. How are bosons different from other subatomic particles?

Bosons have integer spin values (0, 1, 2, etc.) while other subatomic particles, such as fermions, have half-integer spin values (1/2, 3/2, etc.). Bosons also do not follow the Pauli exclusion principle, meaning they can occupy the same quantum state as other bosons.

4. Can bosons be observed directly?

No, bosons cannot be observed directly. They can only be detected indirectly through their interactions with other particles, such as the detection of photons in particle accelerators.

5. How do bosons contribute to the understanding of the quantum potential field?

Bosons play a crucial role in the quantum potential field theory as they are responsible for mediating the fundamental forces that govern the behavior of particles in quantum mechanics. Without bosons, we would not have a complete understanding of the quantum potential field and its implications for the behavior of subatomic particles.