The Dropa Stones: Unraveling a Mysterious Archaeological Find

• Thread starter einsteinian77
  • Start date
  • Tags
    stones
In summary, there is a website claiming to have the story of a mysterious archaeological find. The find includes a disc with microscopic engravings and its own language. Some believe it to be a hoax, while others find it impressive. However, further investigation reveals that the story is likely a fraud, with fake names and no verifiable evidence. Additionally, the conversation also touches upon the controversial figure of Von Daniken, who has been proven to be an intentional fraud in his theories about aliens and ancient civilizations.
einsteinian77
This site claims to have the story of one of the most mysterious archaeological finds of all time. I'm curious and skeptical as to how the language was decoded.

http://www.subversiveelement.com/DropaStones.html

Physics news on Phys.org
I heard of these, I didn't know there were pictures. Unfortunatly, I tend toward thinking it is a hoax. But at this point I don't think there is enough infomation to come to any meaningful conclusion. Do we know where they are now, or have they mysteriously disappeared, as things like this always do?

Why does no one respond? Does no one know?

If it is a hoax, its really impressive. Microscopic engravings on the disc, along with its own language. Sounds like a very complex scheme to pull off.

That disc does somewhat resembles some yen coins.
I guess if someone wanted to check they could cross-reference foriegn relations of the Hams tribe with the strange 4-feet people w/large heads.

hmm... I don't know what to think.

Last edited:
Oh I hate that Von Daniken! He says the stupidest things and they always have him on TV. If I had known this before I wouldn't have put another thought into these claims. "Nasca lines= spacecraft runway"! I could just hurt him...that idiot...

I never heard of this Von Daniken. I can't make any conclusions myself since there is really no verifiable evidence on either side.

He has published books and been on TV, I think all his work is in trying to find proof that the aliens are/were amoung us. Anyway, for a time I found his ideas interesting, but as is often shown in this field, his ideas are unnecessarily complex, there is no need to invoke the aliens any more than an act of God in any of the things he says is proof. But since I obviously have a strong opinion of him, you should research him yourself, or ask what Ivan thinks or knows of him.

I think I might check him out myself. I don't know why but Ivan hasn't posted a single reply to any of my threads.

Originally posted by einsteinian77
I think I might check him out myself. I don't know why but Ivan hasn't posted a single reply to any of my threads.

Sorry Einsteinian77, my time at PF has mostly been very limited lately.

My understanding is that the popular story about these stones is a fraud. I don't have any particularly good links for this one, but I think ray b has it covered. :smile:

As for Von Daniken, I think he has a few interesting ideas, and a lot of bad ones.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Ivan Seeking

As for Von Daniken, I think he has a few interesting ideas, and a lot of bad ones.

The two are not mutually exclusive. From what I have seen, all his ideas are bad, but some are interesting.

He is not just bad at science and prone to whimsy. He has been demonstrated to be an intentional fraud. I never even entertain the possibility he may be right about anything. You can make mistakes, even a lot of mistakes, and be taken seriously, but after fraud, your word is worthless.

Njorl

Originally posted by Njorl
The two are not mutually exclusive. From what I have seen, all his ideas are bad, but some are interesting.

He is not just bad at science and prone to whimsy. He has been demonstrated to be an intentional fraud. I never even entertain the possibility he may be right about anything. You can make mistakes, even a lot of mistakes, and be taken seriously, but after fraud, your word is worthless.

Njorl

I wasn't aware of any fraud. What did he do?

Let me guess, the ornaments that look like aircraft were faked?

What are the Dropa Stones and where were they found?

The Dropa Stones are a set of approximately 716 circular discs, dating back to around 10,000 years, that were discovered in a remote cave in the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains in China. The stones were found by Chinese archaeologist Chi Pu Tei in 1938, and were believed to have been left behind by an ancient extraterrestrial civilization.

What makes the Dropa Stones so mysterious?

The Dropa Stones are considered mysterious because of their unusual size and shape, and the fact that they contain intricate carvings that appear to tell a story. Additionally, the stones have been found to emit a mysterious magnetic field and some have even claimed to hear strange noises when touching them.

What is the story depicted on the Dropa Stones?

The story depicted on the Dropa Stones is believed to be a record of an extraterrestrial spacecraft crashing on Earth and the subsequent communication and interaction between the aliens and the local Dropa tribe. However, this interpretation is highly debated and there is no consensus on the true meaning of the carvings.

Have the Dropa Stones been scientifically studied?

Yes, the Dropa Stones have been studied by various scientists and experts, but there is still much debate and controversy surrounding their authenticity and origins. Some experts have dismissed them as a hoax, while others have suggested that they may have been created by an ancient civilization with advanced technology.

What is the current status of the Dropa Stones?

The current status of the Dropa Stones is uncertain. Some of the stones are on display in museums in China, but the majority of them are missing and their whereabouts are unknown. Many researchers and enthusiasts continue to study and debate the mystery of the Dropa Stones, hoping to one day unravel their true origins and significance.