Are the energy levels in EV known for glass material

In summary: V necessary to excite electrons is not a property of electrons - it is property of the material. You don't modify the electrons, you modify the material - and it is not a trivial task, as modified material is never identical with the starting material (ie all its properties change, not just whether it is opaque or not).
Nicholas Ham
So in glass, transparent liquids, and plastics is the eV for the electron known to science.
The eV levels for electrons in gases are known like in hydrogen, and helium, but are they known for glass, and transparent liquids, and plastics.
Or is it just too discernable to get.
I am grateful for your help anything helps even a few words.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
The short answer is "yes". (If I understand you.)
We can answer better if we know what you need to know for...

It is fairly easy to probe many substances with different particles at different energies to determine their energy level and band structure.

Some notes to help you find out more:
"eV" stands for "electron volt" and it is a unit of energy.
Lots of energies are routinely measured in eV ... like mass and kinetic energy and potential differences.
It is important to distinguish the thing you measure from the units you measure it in. Imagine if I asked you how many inches you have? What am I asking about?
See?

Hydrogen and Helium (or any) gas energies do not usually come in "levels".
You may be thinking of the energy levels for hydrogen and helium atoms... possibly hydrogen molecules.

Hydrogen and Helium are only gasses at the kinds of temperatures and pressure we are used to ... either may also exist as a gas or as a solid. The material state (whether it is a solid, liquid, or gas) is not defined by the atom.

It is more usual to think of energy levels belonging to the whole atom or molecule rather than to the electrons... though "electron energy level" is a handy shorthand to distinguish this energy from, say, rotational and vibrational energy levels of the whole molecule.

There is nothing very special about the physics of transparent objects - at least not at the atomic scale you are asking about.
Transparent and opaque objects obey the same underlying Laws of Nature - thought the result can be quite different on the large scale.

That help?

Dear Simon, thank you very much for your help, so you said you knew the eV number for the electrons in glass material, or transparent liquids, or some plastics.
What was it exactly, I want to know to see how to get electrons to this eV number to make opque objects translucent.
Thank you for your help
Simon Bridge said:
The short answer is "yes". (If I understand you.)
We can answer better if we know what you need to know for...

It is fairly easy to probe many substances with different particles at different energies to determine their energy level and band structure.

Some notes to help you find out more:
"eV" stands for "electron volt" and it is a unit of energy.
Lots of energies are routinely measured in eV ... like mass and kinetic energy and potential differences.
It is important to distinguish the thing you measure from the units you measure it in. Imagine if I asked you how many inches you have? What am I asking about?
See?

Hydrogen and Helium (or any) gas energies do not usually come in "levels".
You may be thinking of the energy levels for hydrogen and helium atoms... possibly hydrogen molecules.

Hydrogen and Helium are only gasses at the kinds of temperatures and pressure we are used to ... either may also exist as a gas or as a solid. The material state (whether it is a solid, liquid, or gas) is not defined by the atom.

It is more usual to think of energy levels belonging to the whole atom or molecule rather than to the electrons... though "electron energy level" is a handy shorthand to distinguish this energy from, say, rotational and vibrational energy levels of the whole molecule.

There is nothing very special about the physics of transparent objects - at least not at the atomic scale you are asking about.
Transparent and opaque objects obey the same underlying Laws of Nature - thought the result can be quite different on the large scale.

That help?

Nicholas Ham said:
I want to know to see how to get electrons to this eV number to make opque objects translucent.

Judging from your posting history I have a feeling you misunderstand how it works and hope to do something impossible.

eV necessary to excite electrons is not a property of electrons - it is property of the material. You don't modify the electrons, you modify the material - and it is not a trivial task, as modified material is never identical with the starting material (ie all its properties change, not just whether it is opaque or not).

Nicholas Ham said:
Dear Simon, thank you very much for your help, so you said you knew the eV number for the electrons in glass material, or transparent liquids, or some plastics.
No - I did not say that.
I said that the energy level structure of glass is known. Not by me personally ... you'll have to look it up.

It's not straight forward because you have to say what kind of glass you mean.
i.e. http://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.36.425

I don't think that exciting the glass will make it translucent.

Related to Are the energy levels in EV known for glass material

1. What are energy levels in EV for glass material?

The energy levels in EV, or electron volts, for glass material vary depending on the type of glass and its composition. Generally, the energy levels range from 2-12 EV for most common glasses.

2. How are energy levels in EV measured for glass material?

Energy levels in EV for glass material are measured using techniques such as X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) or Auger electron spectroscopy (AES). These methods involve bombarding the glass surface with high-energy electrons and measuring the energy of the emitted electrons.

3. Are energy levels in EV affected by the thickness of the glass material?

Yes, the energy levels in EV for glass material can be affected by the thickness of the glass. Thicker glass may have slightly higher energy levels due to increased interactions between the electrons and the glass surface.

4. Do different types of glass have different energy levels in EV?

Yes, different types of glass have different energy levels in EV. This is because the composition and structure of the glass can greatly influence the energy levels of the electrons within the material.

5. How do energy levels in EV for glass material affect its properties?

The energy levels in EV for glass material can affect its properties such as its electrical conductivity, optical properties, and chemical reactivity. These properties are closely related to the interactions between the electrons and the glass structure, which are influenced by the energy levels.